Chapter 3: Emerald Inn

Beta read by n1ch, Shigiya, Solitary heart and 8kagi

.

.

.

Grünes Bergdorf-

(Early in the morning)

Chirp

Chirp

The morning birds chirped as the little village of Grünes Bergdorf, or more accurately known as; Green Mountain Village. From Archer's week of stay in this quiet little place, he successfully managed to gather some information.

First of all, the land of Eostia was divided into two parts. The part was the northern region, controlled by the Dark Queen of the Jagged Crown, Olga Discordia. A dark elf who has waged war for countless years against her only opponent, Celestine Lucross, who is part of the Seven Princess Knights alliance as well as its leader. The people in this world hailed her as the 'Goddess Reborn', they worshipped her as their local and sole deity. She even had a whole church made in her name which just like in the middle ages had an enormous amount of influence around the seven kingdoms.

There was Thorn, the seat of the Church and Celestine's main base. Ansur, a highly militarised kingdom led by one of the Princess Knights, Claudia. Rad, managed by a priestess named Kaguya, Feoh, Ur, Geofu, and finally Ken; the Kingdom he resided in currently.

With a bit more digging, it wasn't hard for him to find out the name of the Princess in charge of this area, Maia. Also, famously known as the Queen of mercenaries.

Another thing he discovered, 'Demons exist in abundance in this world.'

This was bad, very bad. Archer had witnessed countless worlds lost to the destruction caused by these creatures if no actions had been taken against them. Especially the ogres and Orcs of this world, to his horror, he discovered that instead of destroying and killing humans; they raped the women instead.

Archer was no stranger to this subject. During his time helping people in all around the world, he had come across victims of such an act. Here it was worse, it was not only the demons who were the perpetrator… rather it was the humans. Very rarely if ever were demons tied to such acts, they preferred killing or devouring their victims.

'How does this relate to Vault and his existence being a major danger to this world?' From his research, only the Dark Queen had the power to control such a vast army of demons. "Unless they are planning to form an alliance. But that can't be it, as Alaya hasn't tasked me to kill Olga alongside Vault. If they were allied then she should have also been my target."

Something fishy was going on here, and Archer didn't like it one bit.

He had done his research on both sides, and just like usual, didn't plan to form any sort of alliance or team-up. He was perfectly capable of completing this mission on his own, even while being a human once again. Not to mention, after going through so many betrayals and backstabbing in the past, had Archer long stopped trusting the 'good' ones; for they were no better than the actual enemy.

Knock

Knock

"A-Archer-san, yo-your breakfast is ready!" The voice of the former innkeeper's daughter called out from the other side. Alice was her name, she was a girl who just reached adult age and had to run the entire place by herself as her parents died just recently from an unknown illness.

"I'm awake, is the kitchen free?" Grabbing his armor and clothes, Archer began changing out of his night clothes. "I'll help you out with the morning services."