Chapter 55: Chocolate

Beta read by Shigiya and Fluffy Slayer.

.

.

.

-???-

"The idea of other worlds or realities is not an unheard-of concept, nor is it an impossibility for the average human. It’s a thought that often rummages in their mind, revealing their subconscious desire for it to be real. Not that it stops others with differing beliefs and knowledge to sincerely believe in it. For those living in the world of the Supernatural, it is very much a reality and is known as the Reverse side of the World — where everything resides closer to nature and the origin. Some would call it a paradise, others not so much, I know a certain someone who considered it a weapon, and so on. Of course that is just one of many." 

Basking in the absence of light, the lone girl with blood-red eyes and horns spoke calmly with a bored tone as she gazed at the half-dead woman next to her. Describing her as “alive” was quite a stretch. Her body bore numerous bite marks and her disfigured face revealed a mouth missing several teeth. Naked, just like most women she'd seen down the basement, and a rather… gaping hole that left some parts of her permanently stretched. One had to wonder if she was thrown inside the pen of aroused horses or something. With not a trace of fear, empathy, or even amusement, it continued to speak with no regard towards the soft cries coming from the person before her along with the incomprehensible words that pleaded for a merciful death. 

"Who knew that beyond that small blue jewel, a world such as this would exist? Where I awaited to be welcomed by an existence similar to an Ultimate One, instead I was pushed back by a weakened Will who's still meddling with me with a Guardian roaming the area." 

In the end, she spoke to no one in particular, half-mindedly gazing at the walls and windows of the mansion. The ostentatious display of her kidnapper's wealth and fortune filled the place, but to her discerning eye, it fell short. 'A bit lacking, insufficient gold, and the decorations, in general, lack the finesse and beauty it could have possessed.' 

Another scream echoed in the halls, the source coming from the doors behind her as several maids flinched but kept their eyes facing down. Faces pale, hands shaking and eyes watering… all indications of absolute terror coursing through them, A sight she took in from her surroundings. People who were far too lost in their fear to even register a single one of the words she spoke let alone her speech. Except, someone was listening to her, but not out of choice in the end. 

"Umu, I am pleased," for all the pain this pathetic human maid before her found herself in, at least she had the courtesy to listen to a King's story. "I am a merciful and generous entity, I don't leave those who favor me empty-handed. Even if your circumstances are a bit unique I'll still grant you whatever you desire. So tell me, what does your heart desire at this very moment? Pleasure? Wealth? Conquest? Or even… revenge?" 

The only sound that escaped from the woman’s blood and bile-filled mouth was a feeble whimper. One that the blonde understood immediately, prompting a brief moment of contemplation before shrugging and releasing a sigh. "What a boring request, but then again, I don't think you're able to comprehend or even grasp who you’re speaking to at this very moment. Ignorance is not a sin, but it still does annoy me to some degree. Hah… as a benevolent and forgiving king, I shall ignore this slight and grant you your wish." 

None of the maids around her paid any heed to the two. A few were on the verge of fainting, assuming that the girl had lost her sanity or succumbed to delusions to escape her situation. Given her young age, some couldn't help but feel pity for her, as she had attracted the interest of the monster. She was adorable, sure to become a beauty in the future with hair as radiant as gold and eyes as deep and lustrous as rubies, seemingly illuminated even in the darkness.