Chapter 35: Assassin

Beta read by Shigiya, Fluffy Slayer and DOOMRAIDER.

Warning Lemon ⚠️

Possibly longest chapter or second longest. 9k words.

Enjoy!

.

.

.

Luu-Luu’s castle-

One thing Archer realized about the halfling’s castle was that she kept it in surprisingly excellent condition. For someone who dallied around quasi-nude while covered in black smudge from working the forge all day, everything was spotless—including the roof he was currently using to gaze over the city.

Why was he here? 

“Where are you!? I just want to borrow Kanshou for a bit! It’ll only be a few centuries, I swear! I’m even letting you keep Bakuya!” Luu-Luu’s desperate pleas resounded all over the place as she and her reluctant servants scoured the city for him. 

Suffice it to say, he would remain hidden until that persistent halfling gave up her pointless pursuit in trying to take his blades. Has she forgotten that humans have short lifespans? Not like he could live that long even if he wasn’t a human. His fate had been sealed long ago. 

The girl was fixated on his creations to the point of obsession… probably beyond that.

It still shocked him that Luu-Luu hadn't mentioned anything about the destruction of the valley yet, as it was her forces who brought them back. By this point, he had dismissed all blades, including the fake Ig-Alima. So there was no proof anymore that he used thousands of swords to kill the demonic army.

'Knowing her, she probably hasn't read any of the reports yet.' He hoped that they would be gone long before Luu-Luu ever got the chance to know of his true abilities or even get a clue. His memories flashed back to the scene he'd seen before losing consciousness, a blonde elf who was present somewhere that she shouldn't be present in.

"..."

He did hear rumors about people staying that Celestine herself intervened. So it was likely that many believed that it was the goddess who did that. But given some of the fearful and strange stares he kept getting from both Maia's surviving group and a few Knights inside the castle — it was clear that there were many who knew the truth but stayed quiet out of fear.

“Ah, there you are!” Archer turns as he hears Maia’s voice from behind. She had a massive grin on her face from being the first to find him.

“How did you know?” 

“Well, you’re the kind of wallflower who prefers peace and quiet above all else. So I asked myself where he would hide if he wanted to be alone.” She explained, cozying up next to him, as she could feel the heat from the man when sitting next to him. “So here I am.” 

“For a moment there, I thought you were a detective. You seem to have it all figured out, haven’t you?” He joked, not minding the redhead being close to him.

“Well, I always see you deep in thought. You don’t talk much, but when you do, it makes sense. Granted, you come off sounding like a snarky asshat most of the time but still... It’s like you’ve got this mind palace where all your answers are stored. I’m not sure how to put it... But I found it fascinating, so I came here to listen.”

Archer nodded along. “Yeah, I guess you could say that... But I won’t indulge that idea further.”

“I think you’ve got plenty to tell,” she said, leaning forward, their faces inches apart. Her hair dangled over her shoulders as she did, enhancing her beauty more than ever.