Chapter 6

The coven kept a low profile for a few days before they started making groundwork.

Hybrids had been sent into the city under spells to keep their scents hidden, they looked for any supernatural activity while my mates and I went to the bayou with Hayley in toe.

She had been hounding me from the second we entered the City, and with the added bonus of Bekah's loud protests, I was about ready to tear someone's head off.

It was with much relief that I found myself in the bayou with Nik, Elijah, Kol, Finn, Hayley, Lydia, Stiles, Mason, Tyler, and Bekah. We were hunting down the damn Crescents so we could hopefully turn some of them into hybrids.

Nik, Mason, and Tyler were in their wolf forms leading us through the swamps.

I was also using a spell to identify supernaturals nearby, but it was more like sonar than actual tracking. If I got close enough I would be able to feel them and lead us to them quicker.

Hayley was scowling as she tripped through the bayou but even I could see it was more nerves than anything else. She had been waiting for this day for a long time.

I wouldn't call us close but we were friends, it was hard not to get to know a person when you spend a year with them. Hayley had stayed with us as we traveled, I think she found a companionship with the hybrids, sees them as pack.

She even seemed to have a mild interest in becoming a hybrid, but she seemed hesitant, probably the sire bond. Knowing her she would hate even the possibility of it.

As a fellow bitch with control issues I understood. I don't know if I could willingly go into that.

My thoughts were cut off as I laughed when Haley tripped over a root and almost fell on her ass.

She just glared at me from where I was on Elijah's back. Apparently, in my pregnant state, I am not permitted to traipse through the bayou. I just took the opportunity not to walk...

I just smirked as I cuddled into Elijah's back, enjoying being this close to one of my mates. I could feel the happy little buzz of the baby as it felt the closeness of both its parents. The buzz always got a little stronger whenever Elijah was touching me.

The baby also had a small reaction to the rest of my mates but it was stronger with Elijah, it truly was a testament to how powerful this child will be, their magic was already gaining sentience before even they did.

I was actually slightly terrified to see how powerful all of our children will be. They'll all be considered first-generation Mikelason witches, that added to the Taylor line...Well, life is gonna be interesting, that's for sure...

Given how powerful the child will be I should probably do some more family rituals for extra protection, I would have already done them but you can only perform them once the baby's magic is active and shows awareness.

The ritual will seek protection from all of those of Taylor blood, past, present, and future. This way the child will have the protection of the spirits, of all living family, of hell itself. This was one of the few rituals I could do on my own.

Knowing the danger that awaited this child already I couldn't in good conscience ignore the ritual. Not all of Taylor's blood perform it, it gives Kade a much stronger connection to the child but being one of Kade's favored children I had no need to worry.

It is truly only dangerous for those of Taylor blood who like to distance themselves from their purpose, from the power they get from hell and the prices that come with it. It's always confused me that some would be unwilling to pay the price, it wasn't as if Kade wanted innocent souls...

Maybe it came from my lack of innocence, to begin with, by the age of 7 when I received my memories I was already desensitized to life, all innocence was taken from me when I received my past life's memories. I suppose a child would balk at the idea of killing anyone...

I was well past caring about the lives of the guilty. Only those who had taken truly innocent lives qualified for hell. My mates have plenty of enemies that fall in that category. Kade like's to say I'm an overachiever, he only demands a soul or two in his ancestor's entire lifetime. I've sent him hundreds by now, though I think he just likes to get one over on Qatsiyah...

Being from the Taylor line makes anyone I kill go to Kade first instead of going straight to the otherside. If they don't meet his expectations he throws the souls back over to Qatsiyah's realm.

That is a rarity though, most souls I take are worthy of the pits.

While I don't wish the life of a killer on my children, I also know they will be Mikealson's, being a Taylor witch was already going to put them at risk, being a Mikealson makes them targets.

I would much rather my children be killers than dead, just because they take a life it doesn't make them heartless, it all depends on the circumstances. My children will never be victims, that doesn't have to make them monsters.

I felt a small buzz, almost like the baby was agreeing with my thoughts, it made a smile spread on my face as I took in a calming breath.

I was enjoying the peace until my spell spiked, we had found them...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original character and plot.