Chapter 12

Rebekah saw him from the corner of her eye and stiffened.

Tyler seeing this immediately pulled her onto the dancefloor, trying to distract her. He wasn't happy to be here and let Marcel in their lives but he knew it was fate.

It wasn't that Tyler was jealous or didn't want to share Bekah, it was that Marcel had hurt her so tremendously, how could Tyler know if he would do it again or not?

Knowing what they know, he knew Marcel was selfish, he cared more about the city than his mate. Tyler wanted Bekah to be happy but he didn't know if Marcel would really do that.

He had to pick up the pieces every time he hurt her and he didn't want to be doing it for the rest of eternity. Though he had little choice in the matter.

Every time Marcel slept with someone Rebekah was wracked with pain, if the physical pain isn't enough the mental pain could tear her apart. Tyler had spent many nights holding her as she curled into his chest crying in pain.

What Marcel has done has made Bekah doubt the mate bond entirely, while he felt some kinship with Marel, fate making them soul brothers so they wouldn't be jealous of each other, it didn't mean much in the wake of what he had put their mate through.

Tyler could see it on his face, the moment Marcel really noticed Rebekah, He watched as the longing came over him before he was pulled away by someone.

~~~~~~~~

The second the trance was broken Marcel had a scowl on his face making Tyler glare towards him, but Marcel wasn't paying the least bit of attention.

Marcel was trying to come to grips with the entire Mikelason family in his compound.

He wasn't stupid enough to think he stood a chance against the entire family, united as they seemed to be. They had even made themselves a little group, how they achieved that he would never know.

Marcel would need to get close, study them, understand their intentions. Then if needs be, pick them off one by one.

He was already cautious from what happened when he cornered the group before, and that was without the original backup.

~~~~~~~~

Allison never went a moment without at least two mates flocking her, while most of the time she would mind, she didn't right now.

She knew while Marcel had that little rule, not all of his minions had control.

She danced with her mates until eventually Marcel walked out and greeted them.

"Welcome, I wasn't expecting you folks to ever come back here after that nasty business with your Papa. What brings you to town?" Marcel asked, mainly aimed at Klaus.

Elijah wrapped an arm around Ally, hand splaying itself over her stomach as she stood in the middle of him and Kol.

Finn quickly made his way to the group moving next to Niklaus, he put on a winning smile on his face as he extended his hand "Marcelus, I've heard much about you from my family. Though, I was under the impression you were dead up until a few weeks ago. You seem quite healthy for a dead man" Finn said, a charming smile on his face.

Kol blinked in shock at his brother, almost completely losing his composure until Ally nudged him with her foot.

Marcel was similarly thrown off but only for a few moments before he shook Finn's hand awkwardly.