CHAPTER SEVEN, going wonkers

(special guest thomas doherty as elijah kendrick

(also picture above is the outfit, makeup & hair she has at the dance, the shoes she wears are grey flats)

The Achilles Comet is passing by Earth tonight which didn't mean anything good for Millie and the Thundermans. Because it messes with the Earth's magnetic field it causes their superpowers to go wonky. The bad thing is that the school dance is also tonight, and Millie was actually looking forward to the dance for once since she was asked to the dance by a cute senior boy. 

"Good morning, honey." Dave greets his daughter when she walked down the stairs. "Did I tell you about the Achilles Comet yet?"

"Yep." Millie nods. "Told me the first year I got my powers." She grimaces. "And you keep telling me every year."

Dave sheepishly smiles. "Just wanna make sure you're prepared for it happening." He points at her. "It's happening tonight, meaning no going out."

"What?!" Millie exclaims. She groans. "Dad, I'll be fine. My powers aren't going wonky now so why can't I go to the dance?"

"Wait, you got a date to the dance?" Dave asked, looking at her with surprise.

Millie raises her eyebrows at him, putting her hands on her hips. "No need to be so surprised."

"Sorry," Dave chuckles. "It's just you normally don't like going to the dance." An excited smile tugs on his lips. "Did Max ask you to be his date to the dance?"

"No," Millie shakes her head. She rolls her eyes. "Why do you people," When her dad raises his eyebrows at her, she adds, "And by people, I mean you and Phoebe, think that Max and I like each other that way? We're just best friends." She shrugs. "Besides, I really like this junior guy."

"Right." Dave nods slowly, not believing what she said. Millie picks up an apple from the bowl on the middle of the table as Dave goes to turn his attention back to his phone he held when he realized what she said and looked at her with wide eyes. "Wait, hold up, a junior asked you to the dance?" 

"Yes, dad, he's only two years older than me. It's not a big deal." Millie reassures him, waving a dismissive hand and acting like it wasn't a big deal the boy was two years older than her because in her opinion it wasn't a big deal. "His name is Elijah Kendrick and he's really nice." She smiles dreaming while she thinks of him. "And really really cute." She grins, pointing at her dad. "Plus he even has an accent which makes him even cuter."

Dave tilts his head to the side and looks at her weirdly. "Don't know how accents can make people cuter," He shakes his head, pointing back at her. "But I'm sorry, honey, you can't go to the dance tonight." The grin fell off Millie's face the more he spoke and her shoulders drop in defeat. "The Achilles Comet will make your powers go all haywire and we don't want you to accidentally expose your powers to everyone." Dave smiles, trying to cheer her up. "Good news is it only lasts for ten hours."

"Okay," Millie frowns, knowing that there was no point in trying to get him to agree with her going to the dance. "I understand." She turned to walk towards the stairs.

"But," Millie stops by the stairs, turning to face her dad with a hopeful expression after hearing him speak again. Dave smiles at her. "There is one way you can go to the dance." 

****

Turns out that way of going to the dance meant that she had to stay within three feet of the Thunderman twins. She didn't mind it at all, but she knew it would be difficult to spend time with Elijah without it being like she wasn't hiding a secret. 

Before the dance Millie went over to the Thunderman's house to get ready for the dance with Phoebe. And she was also getting ready at the Thunderman's house in case she needed Phoebe's or Barb's with getting ready. She loved her dad, but he knew nothing about girl stuff. Millie decided on wearing a black and white spaghetti strap dress that reached above her knees. There was a black belt fabric around the waist and black designs scattered across the dress. She went with simple makeup, matching her dress. For her hair she did a simple but cute hairstyle and decided to just curl it. She wore grey flats that sparkled instead of wearing heels. She was never fond of wearing heels and always tried to avoid wearing them.