CHAPTER NINE, phoebe's a clone now

Millie felt bad for Phoebe with having so much on her plate

Millie felt bad for Phoebe with having so much on her plate. Phoebe had homework to finish, she had to help Cherry at the bake sale, she had to help teach her younger siblings some dance moves and play piano for them at their talent show, and she had volunteered to do a reading for kids at the library. Millie offered to help out with whatever she could which is why she was at the library with Max and Phoebe's clone. Yeah, Max had made a clone of Phoebe to help Phoebe be able to be at different places at the same time. Millie only hoped that it would go well, but after Max told her that when the clone got hit in the head and was now dumber, she wasn't so sure how this was going to end.

"Okay," Max sighs. He looks at Phoebe's clone. "You are just like Phoebe, so being around all these books, the smart should come right back to you."

Millie watches with wide eyes as Phoebe's clone takes a bite out of a book she grabbed off the nearby cart. "Yeah, I don't think so, Max." 

Max glances at her with confusion before looking at Phoebe's clone and his eyes widen. "And now you're eating a book." He takes the book away from her. "Okay. Maybe if I just..." He flicked her forehead, causing her to stumble a bit and she crossed her eyes. Millie raised her eyebrows and tilted her head to the side. She was surprised with how long Phoebe's clone could keep her eyes crossed. She couldn't even cross her eyes.

"I see two of you." Phoebe's clone smiles, holding up three fingers. She waves at Max. "Hi, Max." Then she waves at the empty space next to his right. "Hi, Max!"

Max grimaces. "Fix your..." He points at her face. "Face."

Phoebe's clone looks confused for a second before she hits the side of her head and she stops crossing her eyes. She laughs, smiling at Max and Millie. "Okay," Max slowly nods, turning to face Millie. "Mills, here's the plan. You stay here and try to make sure Phoebe's clone doesn't do anything Phoebe wouldn't do and I'm gonna go return this book."

"Wow," Millie looks at him with surprise. "I never thought I would hear you say you're gonna return a book."

"Ha ha, very funny." Max rolled his eyes playfully and Millie chuckled, smiling at him with amusement.

"Okay, I'll stay here with Phoebe's clone and we'll try to start stacking these books." Millie told him.

"Okay, great." Max smiled. 

After Max walks away, Millie turns to face Phoebe's clone with a smile. "Okay, Phoebe, let's stack these books. That sounds fun, right?"

"Yeah!" Phoebe's clone grinned and picked up a book. 

Millie grimaces when Phoebe's clone went to take a bite and she quickly grabs the book from her. "No, stack the book, not eat it." Phoebe's clone giggles as Millie sets the book back on the cart. Millie shakes her head and sighs. "I don't understand why you would wanna eat a book or even how you eat a book."