Chapter 3 Birthday

Saturday came and you got up early bathe and got dressed in something cute but still home-ish because it was your birthday, after all, you deserve to dress up even if you're celebrating alone.
You wore a dress like this.

Yea it's a bit dressy for home, but you deserve it

After breakfast, the morning was filled with answering phone calls and texts from distant relatives, Jody(The maid), and representatives of your companies. Then you ended up doing a bit of remote work for one of your companies until about 11am.

The building was so quiet, everyone was out since last night.
It was almost lunchtime so you picked up your phone to order some food, as soon as you unlocked your phone to make the call you heard a knock at your door.
You were confused because as per your knowledge everyone was out.
You put down your phone and walked to answer the door.
You open and there stood Nanami, with multiple bags in his hands.
"Nanami?" you said surprised.
"Happy Birthday Y/n," he said holding out the bags for you to take.
"What's all this?" you asked.
"Sorry to suddenly drop by like this, I just thought since you're alone on your birthday you should at least have cake, and I also got you lunch, because one shouldn't have to cook on their birthday," he said.
"Please take it, I only came by to drop these for you. I know what it's like to have birthdays like this, so please take it." with a hint of shyness in his voice.
"Thank you," you said, taking the bags from him.
You turned to put the bags on your counter when you saw him turn to leave.
"Wait!" you called out to him.
He stopped and turned around. "hmm?" he responded.
"Why don't you come in for a bit, I think you bought too much food anyway and it's a bit sad to eat a birthday cake alone," you said with a shy chuckle. "If you have no plans." you finished.

"I don't want to intrude, besides you look like you're going out," he said.
"Oh, this?" you said looking down at yourself "no," you said with a small laugh "I dressed up because it's my birthday, I had no plans to leave the dorm." You said a bit embarrassed.
"Oh, well, in that case, I don't mind staying for a bit...You look beautiful by the way," he said as he entered the door.
You felt your face heat up. You tried your hardest to hide your blush.
He was walking in at the time thankfully so he didn't see.
You closed the door and then turned to face him.
"Have you eaten yet?" you asked.
"Not yet, I intended to when I dropped those off and left," he said
"Well have a seat at the table, we can eat together," you said and you turned to take the food out, you set them on the table along with plated and two glasses. I know you're my sensei but apart from water all I have to drink is wine, would you have some?" you ask embarrassed because now you look like a sad alcoholic.
"It's fine by me, and you can relax, I told you all I'm just 'Nanami' outside of school hours, not sensei, I'm almost the same age as everyone, so it's a bit weird to be treated like I'm 40+ when I'm just 27." He said with a small chuckle.

You both took food into your plates. He bought sweet and sour chicken, egg-fried rice, stir-fried veggies, potstickers, and pepper shrimp.
"This is a lot of food, I'm glad you could've stayed to share this with me," you said.
You all sometimes share food and snacks so everyone has a fair idea of what every eats and doesn't eat, students and teachers alike.
Since it's so little of you, it's easy to get this casual with everyone.

You both eat and converse.
You weren't uncomfortable because lecturers and students sometimes ate together in groups, never one on one like now though, but it wasn't uncomfortable at all.

Lunch conversation:
KN: How have your birthday been so far?
Y/n: the same as usual except for this part, but it's nice, Thank you.
KN: No need to keep thanking me, it's the least I can do for my favourite student.
He chuckled then realized what he said and quickly brought his drink to his lips and drank to avoid facing what he just said, but you caught it and questioned.

Y/n: I'm Your favourite student? How??
He set his glass down and cleared his throat.
KN: Yeah, we're not supposed to have favourites, but you're so close to being a grade 1 in such a short time, the effort you put into all your classes, all your lecturers have the same thoughts on how hard you work. You're strong, focused, and somehow elegant in the way you fight. You're amazing to watch when you're on the field.
Realizing what he said made him clear his throat again and continue.
He noticed your blush but somehow didn't pay any mind to it.
KN: What I mean is that people are impressed with your fighting style and your strength's potential, they can't help but observe what they'd describe as greatness in the making.
Y/n: Wow, I didn't know I was viewed like that.
You pause taking it all in.
Y/n: I'm very flattered, thank you and all those who say those nice things."
Your blush was very prominent, there was no hiding it.
He saw this and said to himself "Cute."
But it was so soft you didn't hear him well.
"What?" you said, asking for him to repeat himself because you didn't hear him properly.
"Oh, I said tasty because the wine is smooth and tasty," he said with the best confidence he could muster to save himself at that point.
"Oh, yeah it is, it's my favourite brand, but the downside is that you can finish an entire bottle without noticing and all of a sudden you're drunk," you said with a laugh.
"Well then, I better be careful," he said with a chuckle looking at his glass.