Chapter 4 Wine

Nanami had a crush on you. You, of course, didn't know and he was in denial.
He admired you for all the things he said but at some point, he started noticing you as a woman too. Many times when observing you fight, he finds himself focused on your face, your expressions, your body, and how your sweat made your skin glisten in the sun instead of on your moves like he should be. When he noticed he was doing this, he'd shake his head to refocus on what he should be focusing on.

He liked your personality, the way you were with everyone, and how respectful, elegant, fun, easy-going, bright, and smart you were. How well-spoken. He started to notice so much of you, and he knew this, but he told himself he needs to stay professional and it was probably just admiration, the feeling will pass.

You both finished eating so you got up to clean the table, he offered to help but you refused and poured him a new glass of wine.
"I'll just put them in the dishwasher, so it won't take long," you said as you walked to the dishwasher.
He watched as you walked towards the dishwasher, your back now turned to him, and his eyes fell to your frame. How beautifully that dress fit your body shape, how cute your but was, and the way your natural walk was almost model-like.
Being here with you right now opened his eyes. Seeing your beautiful smile aimed at him, hearing you laugh. He finally admitted to himself that he has fallen for you.

He realized that maybe it's wrong to be here with you given his feelings.

You were finished and walked back to the table.

"Thanks for waiting." you smiled.

"Not a problem at all...I think I intruded enough, I should leave," he said, about to get up.

"You're not intruding but if you have plans, or have to go I understand. But if not, you are more than welcome to stay, it's nice not being alone today and you can help me finish that bottle of wine," you said with a chuckle.
"Oh, and we still have the cake," you said.
"I don't have plans, I just figured I overstayed my welcome," he said, not knowing how to respond without saying the truth.

"Well you are welcomed to stay if you don't mind," you said.
"You're also my favorite lecturer," you said.
"You're just saying that," he said with a small laugh as he sat back down.
"No it's the truth," you said and then explained to him the qualities about him that made him your favouite. But then you realized the way you were smiling while talking about him so you wrapped that up quickly.
You saw a small blush appear on his face along with his smile.
Both of you talk and then moved to the balcony with your glass of wine, where you leaned on the railing, looking at each other while you chat.

Like this, wine glasses in hand, of course.