four.

Christines fathers advice for the first day of school was as follows: make friends, pay attention, and stay close to Nancy. While two of those thing seemed rather easy, the one she was having trouble with was the staying close to Nancy part. The girl was a year younger than her, they wouldn't have any classes together probably and they also had nothing and no one in common.

Not only that, but Nancy had refused to ride with Christine to school that day, her boyfriend having picked her up instead while Christine was getting ready. She wasn't exactly upset about the fact, she didn't want to ride with Nancy either, but her fathers advice still echoed around her head as she pulled into the school parking lot.

Christine was still rather upset about the Police Department, the shit experience not making her view of Hawkins any better. The only thing that she figured could redeem the town is if school didn't absolutely suck ass.

She pulled into the parking lot of the school, parking in the closest spot to the door that she could find, her anxiety starting to really hit her as she realized she was actually there. Christine turned her car off, laying her head on her steering wheel for just a moment before she decided she should get a head start into the school.

She opened her door quickly, stepping out and closing it and then opening her back seat door to grab her backpack from where she had thrown it. She quickly grabbed if, pulling away from the backseat and going to close the door. Before she could a blue sports car pulled into the spot beside hers, the girl closing the door at lightening speed and moving so the car didn't hit her.

"What the fuck?" She voiced, pulling her backpack on and  turning around to see the driver. She walked around the blue car, her eyebrows furrowed and her hand raised in confusion as she approached the door. "You're kidding."

Christine wondered what her terrible luck was for, she hadn't done shit to deserve this. She was having way too many uncomfortable confrontations, and she assumed everyone in the town had some kind of problem.She approached the drivers side,  watching as the driver exited the vehicle, her eyebrows slightly raising as she looked him over.

He had curly blondish hair and a smoking hot face, his jeans were hugging him just right, and his bad boy persona was easy to catch up on immediately.

Christine took a step back, wondering if this was a confrontation she wanted to partake in, before remembering that he almost hit her with his car.

"Hey!" She said, taking a singular step closer to him. He was quick to reply, his eyes running over the girl in a particular manner.

"Hi." He greeted back, his voice low and mischievous. Yes... he was very clearly bad news.

"Um...yo-you almost hit me." She said, unable to take her eyes off of him as she gestured towards her car. He followed her finger with an almost smile, his eyes tracing back across her arm and chest before going to her face again.

"My bad. Didn't see you." He said, giving her another look over before a smirk covered his deliciously pink lips. Christine had immediately forgiven him- hell....he was too hot to be mad at. He gave her a knee swaying smile and then spoke again. "Your name?"

"Christine." The girl blinked twice at him, still in awe of how ridiculously charming he was.

"Christine." He repeated, his tongue savoring the taste of her name in his mouth. "Billy.... well I definitely see you now." He gave her a wink and then quickly turned away, not quite realizing the effect he had on the girl, or maybe he had but she hadn't noticed it. Instead she stood there beside his blue car for a moment, contemplating if she should drop to her knees and beg for him right there.

"Christine." The girl in question was brought out of her trance like state, her head quickly turning to look at the source of the voice. Nancy was standing behind her, the younger girl gripping her books and giving her cousin a sweet look. However Christine had already moved to the familiar face beside the girl, her eyes widening as she realized Steve from the gas station was serious about seeing her around. He had the sam look of familiarity, his eyebrows slightly raising as he caught sight of Nancy's cousin.

"Nancy. Who's this?" Christine asked, gesturing to Steve who gave her a confused smile. He recognized where he thought he knew her from now, a family picture in the hallway of the Wheeler home that he had seen countless times.

"This is my boyfriend Steve. Steve this is my cousin-"

"Christine. Yeah I caught that." Steve cut her off, his eyes trailing over her as Christine gave him a nod.

"Who was that guy you were talking to?"  Nancy asked curiously, looking to the blue car beside them.

"Billy. So wait I'm sorry...Nancy. This is your boyfriend?" Christine asked in some form of disbelief, wondering how Nancy had pulled a Steve.

"Yes why?"  The younger girl looked confused as to what she was asking.

"Not at all what I was expecting."   Nancy looked a bit offended at her comment but she wasn't able to say anything before an enamored Steve spoke.

"Ha. What class are you headed to first?" 

"Spanish. Sorry, Español." Christine was quick to answer, hoping he would know where the room was so that she didn't have to search everywhere for it.

"Oh sweet I have Spanish first period too. I can walk yo-"

"We. We can walk you Christine. Don't worry." Nancy cut in, her eyes going between the two strangers. They didn't seem like people meeting for the first time though, they seemed like they were already acquainted. There was an interesting moment of silence between the three, Steve and Christine looking over each other and Nancy giving Christine an interestingly curious look as she wondered what she was missing right here.

"Right so...are you gonna walk me to class Nance?" Christine finally broke the silence, her eyes going to her cousin who seemed to be lost in thought. Nancy was quick to fix the expression on her face, giving her cousin a tight smile and a nod as she gestured towards the school.

"Let's go then." She said, leading the way as the other two fell in behind her. Steve soon accelerated his pace so that he was standing beside Nancy now, Christine following the two around like a lost puppy as she mentioned her locker number to Nancy. Finally they arrived at the locker, Steve patting it with his hand as he leaned against them.

"Home sweet home. Here's your locker. And Uh...mines right down there, so whenever breakfast is over you can meet me there and I'll show you Spanish class." Steve said, giving her a friendly look and nod as Nancy stared at him. Christine nodded, giving him a thankful and grateful smile and then starting on her locker combination. Nancy wasted no time pulling Steve away from her cousin and to his locker a few feet down the hall, the boy looking at her in confusion as she did so.

"What's wrong?" He asked, not sure why she was acting the way that she was. Nancy shot a look towards her cousin before replying with a cold and unbelievable response.

"Nothing Steve."