eighteen.

Christines idea of a Saturday was not sitting on the couch, so bored she was reading one of her aunts romance novels, but here she was doing exactly that. She had thought about calling Steve but was in the unfortunate predicament that she had no idea what his number was. And then she considered Billy but also had no idea what his number was so eventually she just gave up thinking of ways to get out of the house and instead how to not die of boredom in the house.

A few chapters into her novel the doorbell rang, the girl hoping it was someone interesting to talk to instead fo listening to her aunt talk for hours on the phone. The older woman yelled for her uncle to get the door, the man groaning as he got up to open it. It was a few moments of unintelligible conversation before there was a few shouts and then finally one that concerned her.

"Christine?!" She was up as soon as she heard the first syllable, the girl running to the foyer and looking at who was at the door. She was surprised when she saw Dustin Henderson there, her eyebrows raising in confusion as to what he wanted from her.

"Here you go. The next best thing." Uncle Ted said, pushing Christine out the door and then closing it on the two. Christine was confused as to why she was being beckoned by Dustin Henderson, so she simply asked.

"What?"

"I need your help." Dustin said, his eyes closing as he let out a sigh. He realized that getting her help would include having to explain a lot of things to her, and he wasn't quite sure he was allowed to do that.

"With?"

"Just come on." Dustin started off, grabbing the girl by the shirt sleeve and pulling her away. He went to pick up his bike, the girl starting to ask where they were going before a familar red car pulled up. Dustin dropped the bike, looking at Steve Harrington as he got out of his car. Christine crossed her arms over her chest as she watched him walk through the yard with a bouquet of roses, her eyebrows raising as she realized he was taking her advice.

"Steve. Are those for Mr. or Mrs. Wheeler?" Dustin said, leading the way towards Steve.

"No." He answered , looking between the roses and Dustin and then to Christine and then back to Dustin.

"Good." Dustin said, ripping the flowers from his hands. He started off towards the car, as Steve yelled after him.

"Hey what the hell?!" He said, shaking his head in Christines direction.

"Nancy's not home."

"Where is she?" He asked, following after Dustin as he grabbed the door handle.

"Doesn't matter. We have bigger problems than your love life. Do you still have that bat?" Dustin said, Steve watching as Christine started towards the car as well.

"Bat? What bat?" Steve asked, confused as to why he was being bossed around by this child.

"The one with the nails."

"Why?"

"I'll explain on the way."

"Yeah you better." Christine said, finally speaking for the first time in awhile. Dustin sighed as he realized there was no way out of this, she was already getting in the car.