-one-

EDDIE MUNSON HAD been in the same classes as Osma 'Ozzy' Sinclair since middle school. And he almost always sat behind her. It wasn't really a choice but the universe seemed to also put him directly behind her so he was always staring at her. He never talked to her, no, that was too risky.

He liked her. It was a stupid, ridiculous crush to have on her but he did. Eddie seemed to come to that realization around 8th grade when the two of them had Science and Home Ec together.

Reasons why: Her nickname was Ozzy like Ozzy Osbourne and he loved that, she was the (in his opinion and most other peoples) prettiest girl in school, and one time during class he could hear her listening to Paranoid by Black Sabbath and that made her even hotter.

Eddie also liked the way that when she walked into the room, any room for that matter, she knew that she owned it and everyone in it.

There was no way the two of them, if Eddie ever grew some balls and decided to actually asked her out, wouldn't work. She was popular, but not popular in the way that made people scared of her or jealous of her. Ozzy was popular because she was a genuinely good person, a little crazy with a hidden temper, and just perfect.

They had been in school together in dead end Hawkins since the 6th grade, the two of them were in multiple classes in highschool as well. Freshman, they had English and World History together, Sophomore year the two of them had Math and PE (can you tell why that was his favorite?) and then for Junior Year they both had Physics and English again.

That was until she was transferred to a different school. Yeah, when Jason Carver asked out around the middle of Junior year and she said no, being the pissy baby that he was, he decided to tell the whole school that she was a "carpet muncher", his words not Eddie's. Because that is the only logically reason why someone would reject him, king of Hawkins High.

So after she heard the rumor that had flooded the school, Ozzy found him, punched him and then kneed him in the crotch. Eddie hadn't seen it himself but he wished he had. Because of this, she had been suspended but her parents decided to pull her out and send her to a different school on the other side of Hawkins.

He thought he wouldn't see her again, besides the few times that he would see her walking around by Gareth's house since the Sinclairs lived up the street.

And then, a few years later, his second time repeating senior year at the age of 20, a bunch of freshman wanted to join the Hellfire club. Including Lucas Sinclair, her younger brother.

***

September 17th, 1985

The Hellfire club walked out of the highschool, having gone a little later than usual and got out around the same time that the basketball team got out. Not great when you are dorks that play D&D and don't have a lot of muscle compared to the jocks.

"So, the next meeting is on Wednesday, right?" Dustin, another one of the freshman that had joined them.

"Yup! That's right." Eddie replied, holding the manuscript for their next campaign under his arm. All of them were wearing the Hellfire club shirts that he had spent months perfecting.

Lucas was walking on the end of the row of freshman, really happy that they were in highschool and there was actually a whole club with people like him and his friends. He had also been thinking about joining the basketball game when the next season comes around so hopefully he would be able to juggle both at the same time.

He was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he didn't notice someone coming up behind him until a hand wrapped around his mouth and an arm came out straight across his chest. The boy screamed into the hand, trying to squirm away from the chest his back was pressed against. Everyone turned around towards him when they heard his muffled screams just as he heard the familiar laughter in his ear belonging to his older sister.

Ozzy's head rested on the top of his shoulder with a cheeky smirk as both her arms wrapped around his shoulders, hugging him from behind. All of the other members of the Hellfire club were all staring at her, the freshman smiling at her as they had known her for as long as they had known Lucas himself.

"You jerk." Lucas sneered, glaring at the ground.

"Hey, bro. Who are your new friends? Hi, Dustin, hi, Mike." The last part she said to the two boys with a wink.

"Hi, Ozzy." They said, almost in unison but not quite.

"This is Gareth, Jeff, and our leader, Eddie." Lucas introduced before saying to them, "Guys, this is my sister, Osma Sinclair."

"Hi Ms. Sinclair." The two members of the Hellfire club (minus Eddie as he was still just stood there) in an almost singsonged tone. The same one that they always used when they saw her walking on the other side of the street past Gareth's open garage.

"Hi boys." Ozzy said with a smile.

What was she doing here? She was supposed to be away at college since she graduated from highschool two years. What the hell was she doing here? They had only really seen her over the summer which is why he had thought that she was back in Hawkins to see her family. He, clearly, wasn't ready to see her.

Before she, or Eddie could pick his balls off the floor, could say something, they all heard a whistle come from the parking lot a little ways away from them. They all looked over, Ozzy moving to the side of Lucas instead of behind him. The basketball team was standing in the parking lot, having been let out of practice and was leaned against the door.

"Carpet muncher!" Jason yelled at Ozzy, his stupid friends laughing along with him.

She held her fingers to her mouth in a 'V' and flickered her tongue between them with a wicked smirk. The woman seemed to really enjoy the looks of horror on their faces, and the anger on Jason from her not getting upset.

Ozzy turned back to the others and said with a shake of her head, "Sometimes I think about the fact that Jason is going to mate and have handsome, idiotic, God-worshiping Satan spawns and that thoughts me sad."

The group laughed, Lucas a little less but she didn't seem to notice none the less, Eddie was still looking at her. She had changed one bit, her afro from before was gone but replaced by lots of buns made of thin braids around her head and two braids coming down on either side of her face. It suit her.

"Alright!" She clapped her hands together before pointing at Dustin, "Ride?" He shook his head and moved on to Mike, "Ride?" He also shook his head so she continued, "Perfect, I assume that you three have cars?"

Ozzy looked directly at Eddie, causing him to snap it out of whatever Oz-induced trance he was in and nodded along with his older club members.

"Cool, goodnight guys. It was nice to see you guys/meet you guys." She waved at them as she and her brother walked towards her car.

The leader of the Hellfire club was still staring at her, watching her flip Jason off as she got into her car. Dustin must have noticed his heart eyes, looking between him and Ozzy through the car window until he realized what was happening.

"Dude.." Dustin said to him in a disappointed tone. Not that he could blame him, it was Osma, but still.

***

Never in his wildness dreams did he think that the next time they would see each other would be when the world was ending and he was being chased for murders he physically couldn't have done.