-three-

The Next Day

GOD, LIFE WAS pretty fucking boring when you have nothing to do. Sorry, more accurately, Hawkins was pretty fucking boring when you have nothing to do. Since Ozzy had graduated, she had planned to leave Hawkins and go to New York or San Francisco in California to go to school, but then her parents hit her with the fact that they wouldn't pay for college, unless she paid for half. Pretty fucked up to tell her that little detail after she had already graduated and applied for multiple different colleges.

So there she was. Laying on the law of her house because she literally had nothing else to do. She didn't work until tomorrow, having gotten a job at the record store by Family Videos, Steve and Robin's place of work since the 'mall fire'. Erica was inside, gabbing to her friends over the house phone, probably to damn Tina, about who knows what was going on in her 11 year old life. Apparently, she 'subbed in' for Lucas at Hellfire club last night.

The boys, Mike and Dustin, had actually asked Ozzy before as well when she was picking up Dustin from school but she said no. She had used the excuse that she had plans but she really didn't. She honestly just wasn't in the mood to spend a couple hours being ogled at by dorky virgins that has never seen a chick play D&D. If they had asked her today though, she would have said yes to anything at the moment.

Ozzy found solstice in the quiet of her neighborhood, ignoring the fact that sometimes a group of kids would bike or walk by and think she was crazy (or dead) from laying on her front lawn. Her fur rimmed coat was underneath her head as a pillow while she looked up at the sky when she suddenly felt something change. She had felt it last night but blew it off because sometimes that shiver happened when the ends of her hair touched her back in a weird way.

Before she could question this further, the sound of two people running towards her caused her to push her upper body with her elbows. Ozzy saw Dustin and Max running towards her, stopping on the edge of the grass.

The boy had to catch his breath with his hands on his knees while both females waited for him to speak. Max's face fell a little as she looked at him and said, "Really, dude?"

"Just let me.." Once his breath calmed down, Dustin stood back up straight and asked Ozzy, "Ozzy, can you drive us to Family Videos? It's an emergency."

"Like, what kind of emergency? Cause last time you used the word emergency it was the end of the world, for the third time-" She asked.

"Maybe. It might be that again but we don't know unless we get to Family Videos." Max answered.

Ozzy stared at the grass for a second before whispering, "Shit." Then stood up, bent down to grab her coat with her car keys inside, then started walking towards her car.

"Alright, let's go, kids."

***

The two of them had filled her in, what Max had seen across the way at the trailer park, what was on the news this morning and the fact that they needed to find Eddie Munson before the police did go figure out exactly what they were dealing with. Easy, right? Wrong. Especially when this dude is apparently super good at hiding from the cops and they haven't found him yet. (They've never been great at there jobs since Hopper so that wasn't really a surprise.)

Dustin flung open the door of the store, the two females following behind him, "Hey. Steve."

"Have you guys seen this?" He said gesturing to the tv on the wall playing the news about what happened in Eddie's trailer.