-fourteen-

"OKAY. I WANNA run through it one more time," Nancy said. The rest of them were spread out in the RV as they prepared, "Phase one."

"We meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready." Robin answers.

"Phase two."

"Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her, which's put him in his trance." Steve said.

"Phrase three?"

"Eddie, Dustin and I draw the bats away." Ozzy said, seeing out of the corner of her eye how Eddie rubbed the top of Dustin's head roughly in a brotherly manner. It made her smile a little.

"We head into Vecna's newly bat-free lair, and..." Robin trailed off a little as she shook the Molotov cocktail bottle so the vodka inside sloshed around, "flambé."

"Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?" Nancy said harshly.

"Got it." The rest of them chimed before grabbing their things. Ozzy grabbed her spear, flamethrower strapped to her back and an air horn in the side pocket of her baggy pants.

***

The seven teens, including three adults who still hang out with teens, marched towards Eddie trailer with determination before jogging as it was nighttime and they had a job to do. Just, you know, killing a supernatural being that can control things and people with his mind. No big deal.

They all piled in, Eddie holding the door open for Ozzy as they came in last. Steve flicked on the lights and started putting his stuff down as the others came in.

"Be careful." Dustin told Steve.

"Thanks, buddy." He inhaled before saying, "Here goes nothing." Grabbing onto the sheet rope that was hanging there and pulling himself up with great ease. Once he was through the invisible break between the Overworld and the Upside Down, his body flipped and he landed on his feet, crouching down like a super hero.

Steve looked back up at them with a shrug before moving out of the way of the landing zone.

"What does he want us to do, applaud?" Robin muttered to both herself and the two other ladies.

On the other side, Steve moved a very dirty mattress underneath underneath the hole to make it safer. "Alright." He yelled up at them, "Let's go."

As Nancy set down her bag, Ozzy kneeled on one knee so that she could help her up. Looking up at her, the other woman stepped on her knee and boosted herself up the rope and started to climb. Once she broke through the veil, gravity sucked her down and her back landed on the mattress.

Steve helped her up so the next person could go. Robin went next, then Dustin with Ozzy following and then Eddie.

Thunder boomed in the distance as they all exited the Upside Down version of the trailer.

"Hey, guys, listen." Steve called as he turned back to Ozzy and her boys. "If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just-"

"Decoys." The three of them chimed.

"Don't worry. You can be the hero, Steve."

"Absolutely. I mean, look at us. We are not heroes. Besides Ozzy, obviously."

She smiled and nudged her elbow against his arm.

Steve looked at them for a moment longer before turning back around.