-eight-

THIS WAS A mistake. And Ozzy knew that. So hopefully that was what would give her the upper hand over what she was done. Somehow, both her and Eddie were able to go through the two bags of food she brought over for them so the next day, she decided to go out into the world to get more as neither of them knew when the others were returning.

But instead of coming straight back to Reefer Ricks, she detoured to Chrissy Cunningham's funeral. Yeah, stupid decision on her part but she was full of stupid ideas so whatever.

Ozzy wasn't sat down with the rest of her family in one of the rows, instead she was stood at the entrance leaned against one of the wall with her arms crossed over her chest and a plastic bag in one hand. She was really trying to push the preachy voice of Mrs. Cunningham out of her mind as well as the chills that ran up her spine from just being in a church.

"..but I know Chrissy's in heaven now, looking down at us, smiling,"

Ozzy didn't know Chrissy all that well since they two of them were only in the same school for barely a year because of her expulsion. But they had some classes together, Chrissy being in honors classes with her, and they had a group project together as well. She was nice, almost too nice for Ozzy to believe her life was perfect and apparently it wasn't from the looks of it. As she was now dead.

There was scattered sobs throughout the room from the audience, which she raised a brow at but made no noise in protest as she couldn't tell if they were crying at this terrible speech or the fact that a girl was dead.

"Happy to see all the she touched and brightened. But I also know she's frustrated. Angry. That the monster that did this to her is still out there. Still. Hurting others,"

She rolled her eyes at that one. Eddie, the man that wouldn't hurt anyone unless out of self dense, was probably playing with his guitar or rummaging around like a raccoon in Reefer Ricks house for any scrap of food.

"How can he live, while my angel is gone? I know God has a plan for him and I must be patient but it's hard. Knowing my not so little girl suffered in her death. Lord, I've prayed. And I just do not understand it. I see no reason. I see no reason..."

Jason seemed to be in a trance, his face scrunched in anger but was snapped out of it when one of his teammates nudged his shoulder and pointed subtlety towards the door. Turning his head, he now noticed Osma Sinclair standing there.

She felt his eyes on him, glancing her eyes in his direction only to smirk and wink at him before looking back at the distressed mother ranting.

***

Eddie was inside the boat house, sitting on a wooden box by the window with a hand full of peanut shells as he, attempted, to throw them into the empty soup can a few feet away. Yeah, he was not good at this fake game at all.

Knock....Knock, Knock. Knock knock knock.

The super secret knock that him and Ozzy created so he wouldn't get spooked like before. The door opened slowly, Ozzy looking in to see if he was there and not in the main house before stepping in completely after seeing him.

"Hey." She placed the grocery bag beside him, closing the door behind her as he dug in immediately because of how hungry he was.

"Hey. How'd it go?"

"Good."

Eddie squinted his eyes at her, his hand in the chip bag pausing as he asked, "Anything happen? You seem unusually happy for our situation at the moment."

"I can't be happy now? How rude. But, no, nothing happened."

Now, Ozzy here, we all know and love her, is a big fat liar. Because right after the funeral, she didn't immediately leave like she maybe should have. Instead, this happened.