Ch 1. The Trolley Bag

"Hey, remember the threat letter I told you about? There's another one! It just arrived and I found it attached to the front gate of the theatre with a knife. It cut through the letter and the wooden gate. Aside from needing to repair the door, we're in dire need of meeting face to face to discuss this situation. I'm already in my dorm, have you gone to yours yet? If not, come as fast as possible..."

***

In a dormitory for the Cinematography students, in the afternoon - at the front desk...

"Excuse me, I am a resident here, can I get my room key? My name is Airon..."

"What is your room number?" The receptionist cut the words off before that student mentioned their last name.

"Eh? Oh..." The student, who was in a hurry, realized that they were in a bad situation as they reached for their backpack to find something. "Ah, no! Sorry, I wrote it down on a piece of paper. I have it, I'm sure." That student searched thoroughly in the heavy backpack. "If you would just give me a minute, no, a moment. Yes, a moment." That awkward student found nothing in their backpack nor in their wallet. "Oh my God, where is it? Where the HELL is it? Oh no... for God's sake!!"

The patience of the female receptionist ran thin. "So? Don't you remember your floor number at least?"

"I think it's four or five? Four! I think it's four. I'm sure." That student barely made eye contact with the receptionist enraging her even more. "Is that student avoiding my gaze on purpose?"

The receptionist tilted her head slightly to the right in disapproval, staring at the student: "You can't even make proper eye contact with your superiors?"

"Eh? N, no... It's not on purpose. My eyes are all over the place. I'm sorry if that offended you."

"Offended? Not even in your dreams will you be able to offend me, kiddo. It is merely a friendly piece of advice."

"Huh? Ummm... Okaay?!"

The receptionist checked the remaining room keys on the fourth floor. "So... You said four? Huh? Umm, nobody on that floor took their keys yet. Think of something else to help me find your room faster." She had an irritated tone which didn't make poor Airon feel at ease.

"Oh no... This is very embarrassing!! Why do you have to ruin my life with these social situations, you annoying ADHD?!"

"Hey," she snapped her fingers before Airon's eyes. "look at me! I am here! Why are you looking at the ceiling?"

"Why does this scene remind me of when I met the dormitory guard a few hours ago?"

A few hours ago...

Airon clumsily hit the stairs, leading to the gate, with her suitcase and almost fell. "Hold it, you're already heavy!"

The guard saw what happened and had no comment but when Airon entered the dormitory passing right by him without greeting or saying anything, he could not keep his tongue in his mouth. "Wohw! Where are you going?" He placed his hand in front of Airon who almost fell backwards as a result of his sudden movement in front of that student.

"Is there something wrong? Did I drop something?" Airon looked around to see whether they dropped something.

"No you didn't drop something! Don't act smart with me, kiddo!! Where are your manners, student? Where's your 'good morning, sir or uncle'? Hey, you're not making EYE CONTACT too!"

Airon blinked and spontaneously said. "I'm sorry, you're just tall and looking up hurts my neck, sir or uncle."

"Hey, why am I even apologizing? I'm not even sorry!" Thought Airon. "Oh wait, did I just repeat his words? Now he's going to think I'm making fun of him and not respecting him! Why am I like a robot just repeating orders?"