Ch 3. Manly Clothes

"Yes, I'm your roommate."

"You're a man!"

"Apparently, yes, and my name is Nahr."

"Ai Ai, what's wrong? I can hear but I'm shocked and I think I misheard something."

"Bana, wait."

"Is it true? It is a man or is he confused about being a man?"

"Give me a second and I'll... what? Bana, have you lost your mind? No confusion here on his part, I'm the confused one here. I'll call you back later."

"..."

"Why are you shocked?"

"Hey, Bahr or whatever."

"Nahr, Bahr means a sea in Arabic and Nahr means a river."

"I know, I am a reader, no need for unnecessary details about the meaning of your name. I don't care what your name is. ARE you SURE this is your room?"

"Yes, why the shock...? Aah, did you want your roommate to be a woman? Huhu, you sneaky little guy! Nah, I'm a guy. Do you want to look at my balls to be certain?" Nahr stretched his black sports trousers forward.

"Ewww, GET the HELL away from me! What I thought was my roommate was a girl! Stop with the boyish acts!!"

"Boyish acts? Haha, you mean me showing you my balls? You thought I would do that for real? Bahahaha, no. I was just joking around with ya, man."

"Man? What are you... wait, MAN?"

"Oh so he too thinks I am a man? Et Tu, Brute?" She facepalmed herself. "You're literally standing in front of me. How ON EARTH can you not see I am a woman? You know what? This can be to my own advantage! I can roam the dorm freely and since I may be stuck with him, I won't need to worry about him trying to do stuff to me."

"Yuuhuu, hellooo?" Nahr waved his hand in front of her face within a distance of a meter. "Where has your mind wandered to? We were talking about how you're shocked I am your roommate. Is there something wrong with me that makes you not want to room with me? Is it how I look?" He spoke in the friendliest way possible.

"Huh? 'A section' is for boys?"

"Yes, and if you want to room with a girl, you have to know that it's impossible. There's a rule against mixing the two genders."

"Oh my God, whhhy??? B is supposed to be for boys because 'boys' starts with being for God's sake!" Airon's eyes gleamed with an idea in her head and took it as a chance to elicit some information. "And why is that? They can room together somewhere else! What happens if they room together here?"

He chuckled. "This isn't possible. But, suppose it happens, it must be a mistake on the application form and the employee responsible will be fired."

"To that extent, huh." Airon contorted her lips, biting the labial mucosa of her lower lip.

"Yes." He nodded cutely, innocently.

"But how do you know that?"

"I asked because my friend wanted to share a room with his girlfriend here but they refused his request and told him that even if she was his wife, they would not allow it."

"Aha. I see." Airon had a serious expression, then she headed out.

"Where are you going?"

"None of your business."

"Oh, why so stern, man? It's out of curiosity. I'm asking because I want to close the door latch."

"What? It's not even 6 pm!"