Fire in the cold [Twice - Reader X Jihyo]

!Disclaimer! My stories are not beta read so there might be grammatical and/or any other English errors. I hope you enjoy!

The leaves bristle in the wind. The cold air causing many to shudder. Today's weather was not quite forgiving, leading many to stay indoors in fear of catching a cold.

One of those people was Y/n. Their frame crouched near a fireplace, hand inches away from the fire in order to get as much warmth as possible. So far, the streets have been rather quiet. Not a single person in sight. Which was a little surprising, since most chilly days, someone would end up knocking at their door seeking shelter from the harsh climate.

But they didn't really mind, y/n quite enjoyed the peace. Running a hand through their hair, they decide to leave the comfortable spot near the fireplace in an effort to make some hot cocoa.

Just as they were about to finish boiling the water, a knock at the door put a pause to their work. Y/n rolled their eyes but they knew that they couldn't leave someone out in such a cold weather.

Sighing, they made their way to the door. Opening it, it revealed a woman, no taller than y/n, maybe shorter. Hands shivering from the cold, black eyes piercing their soul. Y/n put on a smile, offering for the girl to come in.

"Hi. Do you need anything, a blanket? I'm making some hot cocoa, would you like some?" Y/n asked, kindly offering the total stranger a seat near the fireplace. The woman merely shook her head, staring distantly into the fireplace. Y/n awkwardly stood there, a frown appearing on their face.

They chose to return back to making their hot cocoa, ignoring the way the woman had been quite rude about their hospitality. Besides, they've dealt with far worse. Perhaps the lady had communication issues. Y/n wasn't one to judge.

Returning back to the living room, Y/n notices small drops of tears from the person's face, causing a jolt of panic. "Dear god, is the fire too warm? You can move back, did I do anything? Please don't cry." Y/n was in the midst of their rambling before they were halted by a sigh.

"I'm sorry. My name is Jihyo. I didn't mean to be rude. It's just...my girlfriend broke up with me today, and I was left in this horrid weather. I just...I needed to process shit." The lady - Jihyo - said. Her voice dying down as she returned to staring into the fireplace.

Y/n nodded their head, now understanding the reason the woman had been so seemingly distant as soon as she opened the door. "Well, in that case, would you like a tea? To help you calm down. I've heard it helps." Y/n muttered, in an effort to comfort the girl.

Jihyo tilted her head in the direction of Y/n. Slowly, she nodded her head, prompting y/n to quickly go over to their kitchen and make some tea.

"Is chamomile okay? It's quite literally all I have right now." They ask, furrowing their eyebrows as they scan through their shelves in a last ditch effort to find maybe a lone tea bag of another flavour lying around somewhere - but to no avail.

"Yes, that's quite alright. Thank you." Thankfully, Jihyo agreed to the flavour. Y/n let out a small sigh of relief. "Alright, I'll make it. Just a minute." They say, quickly boiling water.

After a bit, they pour the hot water into a mug, placing the tea bag in it. Carefully, the wrap a small towel around it, bringing it to the seated woman. "It's hot, be careful." Y/n said, placing the mug gently on the coffee table.

"Thank you." Jihyo mutters, finally look directly at Y/n. Y/n feels their heart begin to clench as the 2 held eye contact. Finally breaking away, y/n quickly rubs a hand against their face - hoping that it would somehow drain the bright red from their face.