comfort you bring [PIXY - Lola X Reader]

!Disclaimer! My stories are not beta read so there might be grammatical and/or any other English errors. I hope you enjoy!

A gentle nudge on her shoulder brings her back to reality. She turned to look at the perpetrator, smiling softly when she realises it's her significant other.

Lola smiles at them, eyes slightly opened to take in the wonderful feeling that wells in her heart just from looking at them. Y/n gently nudges Lola once more, getting her to pay attention to whatever their friend was saying in front of them.

She gives a disinterested look to Ella, who was rambling on about some problem at work and how her boss was being a bitch. Ella either was oblivious to the obvious disinterest on Lola's face, or chose to ignore it.

Lola would say it was the latter.

As Lola glanced around the coffee shop that they were seated in, she finds the reason she decided to dissociate from reality, an all too familiar feeling welling up in her chest as she tries hard to focus on her friend's words.

She unconsciously began tugging the skin on her hands, scratching them just enough to keep her mildly grounded as she masked the anxiousness she started to feel bubble in her.

Soon, the feeling grew as the chatter around her seemed to grow louder yet fade all together. Her mind now focusing on the hammering in her chest, fingers digging deeper into skin, nearly breaking it.

Y/n noticed the distress she was in, a worried look crossing their features. "Ella, would you mind going to grab me a vanilla latte, I'm starting to get a bit thirsty." They mutter, hoping that Ella knew enough to leave them alone.

Luckily, she did, nodding her head hesitantly as she quickly got up, grabbing her wallet to go to the counter.

Y/n immediately turned to their girlfriend, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder in hopes of grounding her.

Lola felt a warm presence beside her. Y/n. It's y/n. Their here. She tries to bask in their warmth, trying to ignore the growing feeling that was threatening to explode inside her. Like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. The pin slowly slipping away as she felt she herself slip into a state of panic.

She felt it coming. She grasped on Y/n's hand tightly, hoping somehow that they could make it all disappear. Her thoughts raced as she almost felt like everyone in the room was currently watching her. Like eyes of hawks staring at her in disgust and horror as they all witnessed the scene before her.

Although, in reality, no one looked. No one cared. No one really saw.

Y/n brought Lola closer to their chest. Running a hand through her hair, whispering sweet nothings into her ear.

"I'm here, baby, I'm here." They whisper, continuing to stroke Lola's hair comfortingly, cradling her in their arms. "Don't worry, I've got you." They mutter, tightening their protective hold on Lola.

Lola feels her breathing steady, beginning to focus on Y/n's words. Her swimming vision started to clear as she was able to take a good look - no one was looking. She felt a burning sensation in her chest. A comforting, burning sensation. One that she wanted to be enveloped in forever.

She was familiar with this one too. It always seemed to be present when she was in y/n's arms.

She pushed herself back, and away from y/n's chest. Giving the both a bit of space. Y/n stared lovingly into her eyes, giving her every bit of comfort she was seeking in that moment. Lola felt herself finally grounded, her heart no longer hammering in her chest, her vision finally clear, the noise in her head finally calmed.

For a moment, she did think she was lost. But there was y/n, ready to catch her when she fell. Ready to be there for her, with their loving eyes and the smile she so desperately loved seeing.

"Hey. You okay?" Y/n asked quietly, searching for any sign that Lola was still not with her. Lola nodded, a small smile appearing on her face. "Yes. Thank you, love." Lola mutters, slipping her hand into Y/n's.

Y/n smiles, looking to the counter, gesturing for Ella to stop striking awkward conversations with the barista and come back. Ella practically ran back, embarrassed enough as she was.

Y/n grabbed the drink from the girl's hands, handing it to Lola. "Here. Drink up." They mumble, pushing the drink into Lola's hands, to which Lola gratefully accepted. Taking a sip of it.

"Thank you." Lola mumbled, squeezing y/n's hand.

Y/n merely smiled, placing a gentle kiss on her lips.

Normally, Ella would've teased them for the PDA. But today, she felt like this was something sacred. Something she couldn't interrupt with her annoying comments. Something that was supposed to be held dear to each of their hearts, to bring comfort to them.

So she sat and watched. Her lips curling up into a smile. Both of them deserved each other.

They deserved to be happy with each other.

They were each others comfort.

~fin.

Requested by: AloneInACity