downpour [IVE - Wonyoung X Reader]

!Disclaimer! My stories are not beta read so there might be grammatical and/or any other English errors. I hope you enjoy!

It was past midnight, rain drops hit the window in an almost rhythmic manner. The pitter patter of each rain drop synchronising in a pattern to form a melody only mother nature knew the words of.

Wonyoung sat at her desk, head lazily rested upon her hand. Her free hand twirling her pen mindlessly as she stared down at the thesis paper she had yet to complete.

Eyes drooping ever so often as she wracked her sleep deprived brain for some ideas and answers to her blank sheet of work (which was due the next day).

A silent knock on the door broke her out of her sleep like trance. Padding over to the door, her footsteps accompanied the droplets that were playing a tune of its own - almost creating a harmony of sorts.

Wonyoung opened the door, letting the door hit the wall with a soft but distinguished thud. "Hi." Y/n greeted, running a hand through their hair. "Hi." Wonyoung mumbled, a lazy smile on her lips. She stands to one side, allowing the other to enter.

"I couldn't help but see your lights still on in your room. Don't you need to sleep?" Y/n asked, glancing down at their phone to see the time. "It's 2 am." They added, a disapproving look crossing their features as they walked into Wonyoung's room.

Wonyoung sighed, eyes glancing longingly at her bed. "I have a thesis paper to complete. I might actually fail this class if I don't complete another assignment." She groaned, eyeing the thesis paper with such an intense glare, it might as well have gone up in flames. (Which was what she was hoping for.)

Y/n pursed their lips, a hand placed on their hip as they glanced over to the near empty sheet of paper. "Clearly, working at 2 am is not helping anything. Ask your teacher for an extension. You're not getting it done by tonight anyways. Please, go to sleep." Y/n said, a hint of concern in their words. The two of them stared into each other's eyes, almost as if they were daring each other to a challenge.

Wonyoung wanted to disagree. She wanted to continue on with her suffering, she needed to pass. But she knew y/n had a point. It was utterly impossible to complete her work at this rate. She couldn't complete any work, her brain was practically mush, and reading the question over and over again wasn't going to do her any good.

"Okay. I guess you're right. But, cuddle me?" Wonyoung asked, putting on her infamous puppy dog eyes. Ones that she knew y/n couldn't say no to. And, well, they didn't want to disagree anyways.

Y/n let out a low chuckle, grinning at Wonyoung, nodding their head. They silently slip under the covers of Wonyoung's bed, opening their arms as they beckon Wonyoung to come over.

Wonyoung happily joins y/n under the covers, snuggling against their chest as Y/n runs their fingers through her hair, illiciting a soft pleasant hum from Wonyoung.

"I do presume you'll take responsibility if I do get kicked out of that class for not handing in the assignment?" Wonyoung whispers, teasingly asking y/n.

To which y/n merely laughed. Stopping their hand that was running through Wonyoung's hair to playfully rub their temple, feigning a headache.

"Well, if your professor does not understand the concept of sleep deprivation and does not want you to get a good night's rest - then I think that class isn't one worth taking." Y/n responded after a beat, causing Wonyoung to let out a silent laugh.

Wonyoung snuggled further into Y/n, head sunken into their chest as she pulls them closer to her, sleep slowly overtaking her. "Well. Goodnight then, darling." She says, already staring to drift off into Dreamland.

Y/n smiled softly, looking down at the exhausted girl cuddling her. "Yes, goodnight, love." They say quietly, pressing a kiss on her forehead.

Wonyoung smiles at the action, unconsciously holding Y/n tighter - almost as if she was afraid to lose them. The action was endearing to y/n, whose smile grew even wider as they began to close their eyes.

Sleep came easily as the two were wrapped around each other. The safe and secure feeling both felt were enough to comfort each other, preventing intrusive thoughts from occuring - preventing a good night's rest.

Soon enough, the assignment was long forgotten and the couple were tightly wrapped around each other, both in a peaceful slumber as the raindrops created a melody as each one hit the window in a delicate pattern, almost as if planned and with precision for each moment.

("I'll excuse you this last time, but hand it up next week. This happens again and you'll be out. Understand?"

"Yes. Thank you, ma'am."

Turns out her teacher was indeed in support of students getting proper sleep.)

~fin.

Requested by: chealeka