Chapter 23

I was in the ER when a doctor came into the room.

„Hello mrs. Ace. Tell me what happened",he said as he sat down on the stool infront of me.

„I have had really bad stomach pain these last days. Today was the worst and I even bleeded.",I explained as tears fell down my face.

I felt so freaking alone.

„Where is your pain exactly?",he asked as he put on his gloves.

I showed him the lower part of my stomach and he pressed on it a couple times causing me to scream out.

I heard joey growl from the courner of the room causing the doctor to shrug.

„I am sorry",he said.

Goddamn joey.

My stomach pain was still there but I really don't have any clue what it could be.

„Are you pregnant?",the doctor asked me.

„No",I answered confused. „Are you sure? When was the last time you had your period?",he asked.

„I don't know I think this month",I answered.

„I will make a ultrasound to make sure you are really not pregnant.",he said and I nodded.

He applied gel on my belly and started.

I couldn't recognize anything from the monitor but the doctor stopped the recording and circled something in it.

„I am sorry mrs. Ace. You were pregnant for approximately 2 weeks. You must have lost the baby since there is no living sign. Here you can see it.",he said and pointed to the circle.

A very small embryo was to be seen.

My eyes teared up and I started crying.

My world broke down. I lost a baby. A human.

I am not ready for a baby but to know that I had one but lost it, hurts so much.

Of course I would have kept the baby.

Joey stroke my back as I cried into my hands.

„We will need to do a short operation to take the baby out the belly in 15 mins. The nurses will help you get ready. Again I am sorry for your loss",the doctor said and left the room.

Only joey and I were left.

I sniffled and cried while joey tried to calm me down.

„Miss please. You didn't know.",he said as I accused myself as the reason for the death.

„Where the fuck is blaine?",I asked now angry.

„I am sorry miss. I don't know","Don't lie to me joey.",I warned him.

The door opened and laura came in.

Joey immediately walked out without answering my question.

Laura took me in her arms without saying anything.

„It's okay.",she whispered as she stroke my shivering back.

„How do you know?","Joey called",she said.

„Where is blaine?",I asked.

„I don't know honey. But trust me if I find out. You are the first one to know and I am the first to beat the fuck out of him",she said.

„What happened?","I was pregnant but didn't know. The baby died today. In my belly",I said in a broken voice.

„Fuck no",she cursed as she took me in her arms again.