Chapter 3 Rest

Back in VR City, the party soon ended and Via was taken back to her grandparents house so she could shower and rest. Before she left her friends told her to long on to a website called VR chat room. They told her that it was a chat room where they had chated with each other online whenever they couldn't hang out in real life. Via agreed to meet them there when she got the chance and she got into her grandparent's car to go home at last.

When Via got to her grandparent's house she saw that it was a big mansion that had a beautiful garden and the house itself had an amazing white paint job.

"Wow, did I live here before?" Via asked.

"Oh no this is grandma's and grandpa's house. They had set up their own business when they were in their twenties. We lived in the third house down from here as grandma and grandpa gave a house to each of their kids but they had to get their own jobs to pay for the bills and everything else," Mark explained to his little sister.

"Yes after our son, your father and our daughter-in-law disappeared we took Mark in to live with us till they came back as he couldn't pay the rent as Mark was too young to work a job that could pay for everything so we'd let him stay with us till your parents came back," Grandma explained.

"Oh really well thanks for doing that for my older brother even if I can't remember what kind of relationship we had before I lost my memories," Via said.

"Oh it was a rather good brother and sister relationship. Mark here even lets you on his live stream every now and again," Grandpa explained with a smile on his face.

"That's good to know that I might want to shower up. I don't know when the last time I got one," Via said.

"Oh right, well let's go on then," Mark suggested and they all went inside the house. Via was amazed by the robots and fancy hovering furniture in the house and how big the house was as the ceiling was very high up.

"Wow this place is so big I could get easily lost here since I can't remember this place," Via said.

"Oh don't worry, the robots here will help you around when you get lost till you get used to the house again," Grandma said.

"Okay Grandma, um, by the way, where's the bathroom?" Via asked.

"There's a bathroom attached to your room Via. I'll take you there and let you settle back down and talk to your friends in that chat room," grandpa said.

"Okay thanks Grandpa," Via said before following him into her new room.

When Via got there she saw that her room had a purple and blue hoverboard, a hologram that was swapping from different video game characters, and many different video game consoles from companies called Phoenix drive, Collide, and Revamp. As for other items there was a bed that was shaped like a cloud and it was even floating, along with a wardrobe that had a screen on it that would let Via pick out an outfit.

"Wow this is my room?" Via asked.

"Well thies items used to be in your old house. We brought them in here when it was closed so you'd still have the items when you returned," Grandpa explained.

"Oh well thanks for that Grandpa," Via said.

"Anytime now you go on and wash up and see what your friends want to talk about in that private friend chat room," Grandpa said before leaving the room to go and rest up.

Via looked around the room trying to remember anything about it and luckily some memories did come back. She remembered that when she was six she came over for a visit with her grandparents. She and her friends played almost every 6D video game and watched every interactive movie she had here.