Chapter 9 Love, and betrayal

The next day, Via woke up to someone shaking her. When she opened her eyes she saw Boris standing next to her bed with a breakfast tray in his hand. There were pancakes, bacon and some slices of oranges sitting on the tray, alongside a glass of milk. "Hey V I decided to give your grandparents bots a break from work and make you some breakfast myself. I used to do this myself before the company took me away," Boris explained.

"Oh thanks Boris, by the way why didn't you go home? Your parents must be very worried about you," Via explained.

"Well if that 2 guy is coming back I want to be by your side when he does and show him that if he tries to take you back he'll have another thing coming," Boris explained as he sat the tray down on Via's lap.

"Aww thanks Boris, that's very sweet of you," Via said before digging into her breakfast.

Boris smiled as he drank some of the milk that he had with him and ate some breakfast he made for himself.

"Mhh wow Boris this breakfast is amazing! It's even better than the ones the cook bots make, and they are programmed with all of Gordon Ramsay's recipes," Via said.

"Aww thanks Via, that means a lot to me... my dad never said anything like that about my cooking let alone even tried it; he was too busy with work to even pay attention to me," Boris said rather upset.

"Oh um... Sorry about that, Boris," Via said.

"It's fine Via, it's not your fault it's his own," Boris explained.

Via's phone started ringing so she got it out and saw that the others were doing a group facetime call. So Via picked up and saw the other Gamer Pros on the screen.

"Hey guys what's up?" Via asked.

"We just wanted to check in and see how you were doing," Amanda explained.

"Yeah with the news that 2 might be coming back we were worried that he might wanna go after you," Callie said.

"Yeah I don't think he'll be too happy with you since you know... you blew him up!" Tom said.

"I know, but I don't think he'll be dumb enough to go after her directly," Jerry explained.

"Yeah, he's a brute but not an idiot, or that's what I know from what little I saw of him," Amanda explained.

"Yeah, well I'm staying with Via till I know that she'll be safe. Then I'm returning home," Boris explained.

"Well Boris, if you're going to be staying with us, I feel like you should come by the police station to give your report to the cops and the CCE," Jerry explained.

"What's the CCE?" Boris asked, confused.

"The CCE is a company that exposes corrupt companies, its full name is The Corrupt Company Exposure," Amanda explained.

"Ah gotcha, well I'm sure that my report will come in handy as I still have all of my memories, but I don't know the name of the company as they were very protective of that for both me and Via," Boris explained.

"Any bit of info we can get on this company will be helpful. I wanna know the names of the people who took Via away for several years and stole her memories!" Tom exclaimed angrily as he didn't like what this company did to his friend.

"Oh don't worry we'll get any info I have on that company and we'll solve this mystery!" Boris declared.

The Gamer Pros all cheered for him and Boris smiled at this, they all then said their goodbyes and ended the call.

"You know Boris, I'm glad you're staying." Via said.

"Really? Why's that V?" Boris asked.

"I don't know why, but I feel like we're more than just friends, I feel like we have a connection," Via explained.