Chapter 7 Escape 2

The next day, Via woke up in her room, but she didn't get out of bed right away. She laid on her back looking up at the ceiling thinking about yesterday's events. 0 was still horrified by what she saw and was now afraid to go outside as she didn't want the company finding her and hurting her friends. Thanks to Amanda's efforts Bob survived and was currently in the hospital having the blood he lost replaced and waiting to get a robotic arm. Via then sat up on her bed and got out her phone and began texting her friends.

Via: Hey guys how are you all doing?

Jerry: Eh I could be doing better after yesterday.

Callie: Yeah I feel bad for 0 she's so scared.

Amanda: Well yeah she's scared, that corrupt company will kill her when they get her.

Tom: Yeah I'd be scared if I was in her position.

Via: But we need to do what we can for her as she's our friend.

Callie: Via's right we need to do what we can do to help her.

Tom: Man Callie you seem to care about her more than the rest of us. Not that it's a bad thing I'm just saying.

Callie: I know, but I feel really bad, like what if she was human at one point after all the company that made her was turning Via into a bot.

Amanda:... that could be the case and if it is, then we've got a serious problem on our hands.

Jerry: Agh why is this company doing this? I mean Via's just a kid and should be allowed to stay as human.

Tom: I agree with you there Jerry.

Via: Yeah and I don't remember my life thanks to them. We need to figure out who they are and why they're turning humans into bots.

Amanda: Yeah we do... hey guys I gotta go my grandfather is calling me and I think he wants to do another meditation session.

Callie: Okay have fun Amanda.

Via: Oh and everyone meet me at the game station tonight at lunch. Jerry, tell your father to bring 0 as this will be a Gamer Ero meeting.

Everyone: Okay see you then.

Everyone then left the chat and Via got up to start up her day and thankfully she remembered her morning routine.

At the Police station, the Chief was looking into 0's room and saw that she was under her bed cover trembling in fear.

*Sigh* It was just like how Jessica reacted when something scary happened to her," the Chief said sadly as he remembered his daughter. "MOMMY DADDY!" A little girl's voice cried out in his memory.

"Ugh Jessica's calling us dear," the chief's wife said as he recalled.

"You keep on resting dear I'll go check on her," the chief replied.

"Okay thank you Marco," his wife said and went back to sleep.

Marco then got up and went to Jessica's room to see what was wrong. When he got there he saw that Jessica had the blanket completely covering her.

"Jessica dear, are you okay?" Marco asked.

"N-no *sniff* I had a nightmare," Jessica explained while crying.

"Oh Jess what happened?" Marco asked.

"I-I dreamt that some scary men took me away, killed mommy and left you thinking I was dead... sniff... I don't want to be away from you or mommy," Jessica said before breaking out in tears.

"Oh Jessica, that won't happen. I'll always be here for you and I won't allow anyone to bring harm to you or your mother," Marco reassured his daughter as he pulled her into a loving hug.