𝗖𝗵. 𝟬𝟰

A few years passed and you were now in highschool

A few years passed and you were now in highschool. Emma was in her last year of middle school and Mikey was in his first year of highschool. Shinichiro obviously graduated from Highschool already. He disbanded his gang, 'Black Dragon' after the incident that happened a while back. Now, he was working in his Motor shop.

You were still in contact with Kakucho and Izana. You heard that they made their own gang which they named 'Tenjiku'. You were very happy for them since they've been planning it since they were kids. They did ask you if you wanted to join, but you refused. You wanted to focus on your studies for now and being in a gang would be a hassle.

"So bored.." You mumbled.
"I heard you, Y/n, I heard you." Chifuyu sighed.

You were in class with Chifuyu and Baji. Your teacher left for an emergency, so he gave you guys a little break. Baji was working on the homework the teacher handed out before he left. He said he wanted to finish the homework in class so he can ask Chifuyu and you for help. Asking his mom at home would be too embarrassing, he said.

"Baji-san," Chifuyu looked over at his homework. "That's not how you spell 'disturb'. You spelled it d-i-s-t-r-u-b instead of d-i-s-t-u-r-b."
"Same thing," Baji responded.
"No.."
"I got it!" You slammed your hands on the table, gaining attention from the other students. "S-sorry.. look away."
"You got what?" Baji asked. "How to finally stop acting like a dumbass?"
"Look who's talking," you crossed your arms. "But, no. I'm gonna skip class."
"..Why?" Chifuyu asked. "You're already failing so many classes."
"I'm failing only two, idiot!" You yelled. "And I'm gonna go see Mikey, that's why!"

"I'm not covering for you," Chifuyu grinned. "Good luck, though."
"Chifuyu, how do you spell orange?" Baji asked.
"Don't need you to cover for me. I'll just say I had girl problems and needed to head home," you explained. "I already got my motorcycle parked outside."
"Okay, cya."
"Chifuyu! Answer me, dumbass! How do you spell orange?!"
"The color or the fruit?!"

'Idiots...'

。。。

vroom vroom

"It's Y/n's motorcycle," Mikey mumbled.
"..How the hell did you memorize her bike sound?" Draken asked. "She changes up often."
"Don't worry about it."

You stopped your bike and got off. "Manjiro~!"

"Knew it."
"Aren't you supposed to be in school?" Draken asked.
"Yeah, but I got bored and decided to visit you guys!" You responded. "What are you guys up to?"
"We're about to head to an underground fight. It seems like one of the special attack unit members is having a secret underground fight to make money.. behind our back," Draken explained.
"Woah! May I come, too?"

Mikey gave Draken a look, asking him to say yes. Draken only scoffed and smirked at Mikey in return. "Don't know.. can she come... Manjiro?"
'Kenchin, you little-!' "Y-yeah, fine. Whatever," Mikey huffed, cheeks heating up from embarrassment. "And don't call me 'Manjiro', Kenchin! You're only supposed to call me 'Mikey'!"
"Why the hell are you letting Y/n call you that then, you shrimp?"
"Because-... let's just go, I don't wanna argue with a giraffe like you!"
"Tsk.."

。。。

The three of you finally arrived to where the underground fight was happening.

"You've drawn quite the crowd. You sure are worked up, aren't ya? Even though you're the host," Draken spoke up, gaining attention from everyone.

"Who is that?' Thought the blonde-haired boy who was on the ground.
"A blonde braid.. and dragon tattoo on the temple!" "That's the Vice President of Tokyo Manji!"
"Ryuguji Ken, also known as Draken!"

You and Mikey followed Draken from behind. Mikey kept munching on his dorayaki, your hand was holding onto his jacket as you followed him.

"Hey, hey Kenchin," Mikey called out.
"Huh? Don't call me by that nickname, Mikey."
"My dorayaki is finished.."
"The hell's up with that guy?"
"Can't he read the atmosphere?"

Everyone suddenly bowed down.
"President, good work!"
"Good work!"
"Good work!"
"Good work, President!"

'It's always so cool to see everyone bowing to Mikey. He's so cool!' You thought.

'No way! This guy's actually..'
"It's the invincible Mikey! The leader of Toman!"

Kiyomasa was sweating. "M-mi.. sano-kun! I'm with the third special attack unit, I'm Akashi. A-and good afternoon, L/n-san!"

Mikey completely ignored him and walked up closer to the boy on the ground. The only reason that Kiyomasa addressed you in such a manner was because he knew who you were. Mikey made it clear to everyone in Toman that you shouldn't be messed with, if you're in the gang or not. It was pretty obvious to everyone that Mikey was totally whipped for you.

"Move it," Draken glared. "Mikey doesn't talk to people he's not interested in."
"Right, I'm sorry. Good work," he bowed.
Draken landed a hard kick on his stomach.
"When did you become so important, Kiyomasa? You're seriously going to greet the President with that shallow bow?"
"I..I understand, sorry!" Kiyomasa held his stomach.

You let out a nervous laugh, but still kept following Mikey.

Mikey came close to boy's face, but the poor guy got scared and fell down. "What's your name?"
"H..Hanagaki Takemichi!"
"I see.. Takemicchi.."
"Huh? Takemicchi?"
"That's what Mikey said so that's what it's gonna be, Takemicchi," Draken spoke up from behind you.
"Huh?"
"Are you really a middle schooler, Takemicchi?" Mikey pulled his head close to his.
'Mikey really needs to learn to respect boundaries,' you sighed. 'Why's he always up in people's face?'

"From today on, you're my friend!"

"..huh?"

huh?"