𝗖𝗵. 𝟬𝟱

You held Emma's hand as you walked her home from school

You held Emma's hand as you walked her home from school. She talked about how her day was while you smiled and listened.

"Honestly, my partner is so stupid! He didn't do his part of the project and now we failed!"

"I'm sorry. Is there any way you can talk to your teacher to give you some more time to finish it?"

"I did, but she wouldn't accept.." Emma sighed. "I wish we went to the same school!"

"Yeah, me too."

You two arrived at Shinichiro's bike shop without noticing. "Wait, I prepared a bento box for Shinichiro-kun. Let me go give it to him."

"Why for him?!" Emma pouted.

"Because he works so much, he doesn't have time to eat anything for lunch. Come on," you dragged her in.

'Damn it, Shin! I want her to make me a bento, too!'

"Shinichiro-kun!" You ran up to hug him.
"O-oh, hey! Gosh, don't scare me like that," he took his gloves off to hug you back.
"Y/n?" A familiar voice ran through your ears.
"Oh, hi Manjiro!"

You gave the bento to Shinichiro. "Ah, thank you."

"Why are you giving him a bento?" Mikey asked, arms crossed.
"He doesn't prepare lunch for himself because he has work, so I decided to make him bento boxes from now on!"
"Y/n," Emma grabbed your hands. "Could you make me one, too?"
"Huh? Oh-.."
"You better make me one, too!" Mikey angrily pouted.
"She's too busy to make it for both of you," Shinichiro spoke up. "So stop asking."

Shinichiro's two younger siblings slowly turned to glare at him. "You're saying that so she could only make them for you!" Emma shouted.
"Don't be a jerk, big bro!" Mikey exclaimed.

"Uh.." you watched the siblings argue. You quickly took this as an opportunity to leave the shop.

When you finally stepped outside, you took in a deep breath. "They're so chaotic!"

。。。

Your looks were average. You didn't really have a face that stood out, but you didn't care much. Being too pretty is a such a hassle. Being too ugly would bring your confidence down. And you were in the middle, not too ugly and not too pretty. In the Sano sibling's eyes, though.. you were breathtaking. The prettiest girl they've ever seen.

There was this one time one of your classmate called you ugly in front of Mikey. He was absolutely furious. He was the only one who could call you that. And it wasn't even true, you were gorgeous! Needless to say, the boy switched from your class and never spoke to you again.

Izana, on the other hand, didn't care about your looks. He only cared about your attitude, kindness, your passion, and your strength. You were always there for him, even at his lowest. You even visited him in Juvie every week when you had the chance. Your brother, Riku, would get very angry. He'd ask why you were even friends with a bad kid like him, which you obviously ignored. Izana treated you so well, you didn't care if he went to juvie. He was a bit scared, though. Scared that you'd hate him once you found out what he did, so he always changed the topic when you asked.

And right now, you were in his arms. Watching an old sad movie together, not worrying that it was midnight and you had school tomorrow. He looked down at you once he heard sniffles.

"You crying?" He asked, holding back his laughter.

"N-no," you quickly wiped your tears away. "It's not even that sad! Horrible movie!"

"You're the one who picked it, idiot," he scoffed.

"Y/n!" Riku's voice rang through the dark living room. "The hell you still doing up?"

He came down to see you snuggled up into Izana's arm. Yes, he knew who Izana was. He wasn't going to let you go visit a 'friend' in juvie alone. A friend he didn't even know about. He listened in on the conversations you two had. Even though he knew Izana had a bad reputation, he never had any bad intentions with you.

"Watching a movie," you responded.

"She's got school tomorrow, Kurokawa."

"And? She doesn't need sleep to go to school," Izana told your brother.

"Yes, she does. She's already failing two classes and it's the first semester."

Izana let out a small chuckle. "You're failing classes now?"

"Only two.. and it's because my teachers are assholes!"

"Watch your language. Get up and go to your bed," Riku went up and pulled you away from Izana. "Stop visiting on school days, Kurokawa."

"Goodnight, Izana!" You waved to him.

Izana got up from the couch, keeping an eye contact with your brother. The two always had some sort of tension between each other. They really disliked each other's presence.

"..Goodnight."