Chapter 2: Don't Cry Over Spilled Groceries

Thank you so much for reading my story so far! This chapter is shorter but more fluid than the last one. There is a song though! (I don't own the rights to the song).

The art is by my little sister.

I hope you all enjoy it!

"On guard!' Cassandra called out to her little sister as the two pretended to fence.

"I've got my frying pan!" Rapunzel cried in response.

"Rapunzel! We're fencing! You use swords, not frying pans!" Cassandra responded, amused at the princess's persistence. No matter what they were playing, Rapunzel always had to use a frying pan to pretend-fight.

"Cassandra!" Mother Gothel called out sternly to her daughter

"Yes, mother?" Cassandra called back, trying to hide her annoyance.

"I need you to run out to the Corona Village and pick up a few things. I've written you a list", as she handed her girl a grocery list.

"But mom..."

"Quiet!"

"Okay, I'm going".

Rapunzel wanted to go with Cassandra to the Corona Village, as she had never been outside the walls of her castle.

"Mother Gothel, why can't I go to the Corona Village?"

"Because, Rapunzel, it's too dangerous. You must stay here, where you're safe", Mother Gothel lectured the kid princess.

"Then why do I have to go?" Cassandra whined.

Gothel hushed her newly nine-year-old daughter and shooed her away to pick up Gothel's groceries.
-