Chapter 8: For The Voice!

Hi guys, I hope you all are enjoying this story! I hope you don't mind that this chapter is longer than most, but there are two songs that add to the length. Please leave your thoughts in the comments below!

Also, the first drawing was done by my little sister, and the second drawing was done by me. I used two of my drawings from my sketchbook and combined them into one; I hope you all like it and please let me know your thoughts!

Chapter 8: For The Voice!

After a long uphill hike and three lost swords, the group finally made it to the Dark Kingdom. They were forced to sneak around the back to get to the moonstone's chamber so they didn't alert the castle inhabitants, but they made it, and Cassandra had never been more ready. After spending twenty-two years feeling like she was living in Rapunzel's shadow, she was more than ready to take her destiny, which she believed to be retrieving the moonstone and using its power to protect Corona. After all, the voice that had been training her for all these years was an all-knowing entity, or so Cassandra believed. Nevertheless, Cassandra had made it. She was ready.

Rapunzel couldn't have been more proud of Cassandra for making it this far and being so dedicated to her kingdom. Between her royal guard training with the Captain, to the many dress fittings she was forced to partake in, to her simple tasks like serving as Rapunzel's lady-in-waiting, Cassandra had a lot to lose when she chose to go on this adventure. Rapunzel could see that and was overjoyed for Cassandra, but still felt sorrowful about the trip's end, knowing there might not be more like it in the future. Rapunzel didn't know what the moonstone's retrieval would mean for Cassandra, and in turn for Rapunzel's relationship with her, but she knew they would have to stick together, united.

Rapunzel: Now, now more than ever

We must stick together

United

Cassandra: Now

It's now or never

So let's face the future

Clear-sighted

Rapunzel: Somehow we've managed to make it this far

Cassandra: It's been one heck of a ride

Rapunzel and Cassandra: There's nothing I couldn't do

Not with you by my side

Cassandra: Maybe tomorrow we'll find, to our sorrow

Our story has come to an ending

Rapunzel: Maybe we're fated to be separated

Who knows where our paths might be bending

Cassandra: How I wish we could stay here forever this way

Rapunzel: But perhaps there's no point in pretending

Rapunzel and Cassandra: If we're destined to head in our own different ways

Let's make the most of these sweet final days

Why not go out in a glorious blaze?

'Cause now

Now more than ever

We're still here together

United

Now