Chapter 6: A Lot of Things are Happening

Hello all! Just FYI, this chapter is slightly all over the place, as I want to touch on what everyone's doing and feeling right now. I hope you enjoy it! The art is by my little sister.

Rapunzel and Cassandra were continuing their journey when they impulsively felt the desire to break out into song, as they often did during momentous occasions.
Rapunzel: I wanna break every rule and cross every line
I wanna show all the stars how stars oughta shine
I wanna do as I please and knock the world to its knees
And go wherever the breeze is going
Next stop: anywhere
Got a whole wide world to see, nothing's stopping me
Next stop: anywhere
'Cause there's so much waiting, I know it's waiting
I feel it waiting out there
Everywhere
Cassandra: We're gonna toss out the maps and follow the sun
Rapunzel: We're gonna place our own path and go on the run
Cassandra: We're gonna get out and do what nobody's done
Rapunzel: There's so much out there to do, we've barely begun
Cassandra: We're gonna take every dare
Cassandra & Rapunzel: And feel the wind in our hair
With no one telling us where we're going
Next stop: anywhere
If you're there I'm gonna be where I wanna be
Next stop: anywhere
And the world is calling, it keeps on calling
Just think of all that we'll share
Everywhere
Cassandra: Next stop: anywhere
Got a feeling things'll be happening suddenly
Rapunzel: Next stop: anywhere
Gonna chase my destiny, find the best in me
Cassandra and Rapunzel: Next stop: anywhere
'Cause it's time we went to be where we're meant to be
Next stop: anywhere
Cassandra: And the world is waiting
Rapunzel: I feel it waiting
Cassandra and Rapunzel: It's all just waiting out there
Everywhere
Cassandra: Everywhere
Rapunzel: Everywhere

The two stopped to catch their breath, as singing took a lot of effort, especially when on the road.

-

King Frederic was pacing all around his room as Queen Arianna tried to calm his nerves.

"Don't worry, Frederic" she started. "Rapunzel is with Cassandra, and if Gothel says it's okay then it's probably okay!"

"That's just the thing" Frederic replied. "I'm starting to not trust Gothel".

"Why not?"

"I don't know" he admitted. "I just have a bad feeling about her".

As the royal couple was continuing their discussion, the captain of the guard barged into their room, obviously distressed.

"Your majesties" he cried. "The royal crown has been stolen!"

 -"Great going, Gothel" the voice praised sarcastically

-

"Great going, Gothel" the voice praised sarcastically. "You got the king and queen all worried about Rapunzel. Now how are we going to keep them from finding out about our evil plans?"

"Don't worry, they're too gullible to think anything other than Rapunzel and Cassandra going on a simple sisters' road trip" Gothel replied confidently. "Plus, when the sun drop and moonstone clash, the king and queen won't be anywhere near the scene. How will they be able to stop what they know nothing about?"

"I'm just being cautious" the voice reacted. "Which is something you don't know much about, it seems".

"I can be cautious when I need to be! For example, I always make sure to buy the rose red lipstick instead of the sapphire red!"

"Sapphires are blue" the voice retorted. "You never were bright enough for your own good, you know that? Well, I guess I'll just have to take matters into my own hands".

"I meant ruby red".

"Never mind!" the voice called out, but had already left to make sure the king and queen didn't foil their plans.

While Gothel was slightly offended by the voice's remarks, she knew it didn't matter that much. After all, what's more important than someone's looks, and staying young and beautiful forever? Absolutely nothing, Gothel believed.

"You know what I see?" she asked herself while peering into a mirror. "I see a strong, confident, beautiful young lady".

-

The king and queen were rushed to the jewel room where the podium where the royal crown rested was left empty. The thief left nothing in their tracks, but from the looks of it, they came in by way of the roof. They were lowered down into the room through a ceiling window and then were lifted back up somehow. Of course, this was all just speculation. The king and queen still didn't know who was responsible for the missing jewelry.

-

"I'm so excited!" Rapunzel squealed probably the fifth time on her trip.

"Wait, are you excited?" Cassandra asked sarcastically. "Cuz I couldn't tell".

"We're going to have so much fun, and plus, we'll make it home just in time to celebrate my birthday and our graduations!"

Mother Gothel had no intentions of schooling Rapunzel or Cassandra on anything. However, Rapunzel's parents put their foot down and told Gothel she had to enroll Rapunzel in school, or she'd be out of a job. Gothel eventually folded, but compromised with the royals in that Gothel would be the one to school young Rapunzel. Gothel eventually decided to homeschool Cassandra alongside the young princess, so Cassandra has always been four years behind.
"I actually found a quicker way to get to the Dark Kingdom that won't require all those unnecessary stops" Cassandra replied. "We'll be back to the castle in about a week".

"Aww," Rapunzel sighed. "I was really looking forward to seeing all these new places outside Corona".

"You know what I'm looking forward to?" Cassandra asked. "Getting from point a to point b without stopping to marvel over every forest, lake, or mountain!"

Rapunzel agreed with this, albeit halfheartedly. She, too, wanted to make it to the Dark Kingdom.

"Okay," she agreed. "How do we get there?"

Cassandra whistled with her two fingers and suddenly, a hot air balloon descended from the heavens.

"Wow, Cass! That's incredible! Where did you find a hot air balloon?"

"I have eyes in the sky" Cassandra answered smugly, as a dark brown owl swooped down onto her shoulder.

"Wow! You have your own owl? What's his name?"

"Owl".

The owl flew away as the two girls began packing their things into the hot air balloon. They gathered all their backpacks and canisters and tried their best to fit all their things, the two of them, Max, Fidella, and Pascal into the hot air balloon.