Chapter 7: Just a Spoonful of Chaos

Hey guys! I hope you all enjoy this chapter! I'll add my sister's artwork later today.
P.S. The last song was just a random thought my sister and I had and was inspired by "Just a Spoonful of Sugar" from Mary Poppins. I decided to add it, as I thought it was funny haha.

Chapter 7: Just a Spoonful of Chaos
In the Castle of Corona, everyone was in a chaotic frenzy over the stolen crown. They had no leads on who could've taken it, as the four most wanted criminals of the kingdom, Flynn Rider, Lance Strongbow, and the Stabbington Brothers, had been inactive for quite some time now. Most of the Coronian citizens believed they had moved on to another kingdom to rob, but no one knew for sure. All they knew was that Princess Rapunzel's tiara was gone.
The king was pacing around his room, worrying about Rapunzel and the stolen crown, while his queen tried to console him. A guard suddenly burst into their room in a panic.
"Your majesties! The entire jewel room has been robbed!"
-
Rapunzel, Cassandra, and their animal companions were flying contently on their hot air balloon, excited to make it to the Dark Kingdom and retrieve the moonstone. Rapunzel loved the ride, as she'd never seen the world from so high before. It made her feel like a bird! Cassandra, however, wasn't as impressed. She wanted to stay focused on the task at hand and not get distracted by every breathtaking view they passed.
As the two often did, they began singing about their opinions on the matter.

Rapunzel: Life's been so unsatisfying
Look, suddenly, now I'm flying
Freewheeling from cloud to cloud to cloud
Wings spread and the sky below me
There's no one to stop or slow me
Pure freedom and everything's allowed
Down there
I know there's tons of burdens I must bear
Somewhere
But from up here
The world looks so small
And suddenly life seems so clear
And from up here
You coast past it all
The obstacles just disappear
Never feel heavy or earthbound
No worries or doubts interfere
There's nothing but you looking down on the view from up here
Stretch out with the wind behind you (Cassandra: Come on, let's go)
Float up, let the current find you (Cassandra: Nothing's below)
Keep climbing and sail from breeze to
Breeze (Cassandra: Rapunzel, focus, please!)
Head up to the stratospheres
With only the stars to steer us
Just think of the possibilities
(Cassandra: Look at that view!)
Below
We spend our whole lives trudging to and 'fro
Now-
Cassandra: Woah!
Rapunzel and Cassandra: And from up here
The world looks so wide
Yet every horizon seems near
And from up here
No path is denied
You choose which direction you veer
And suddenly you can breathe easy
Contented
Carefree
Cavalier
Just gliding on through
Looking down on the view from up here
And from up here
The world is all yours
Each mountain and meadow and mere
And from up here
Life's duties and chores
Are barely worth shedding a tear
And all of the sky lies before us
Straight up to the far stratosphere
So head for the blue and let's take in the view from up here
It's just me and you looking down on the view from up here

As the song came to a close, Rapunzel and Cassandra fell on their backs laughing, almost forgetting to fly the balloon. Fortunately, Pascal, Max, and Fidella were able to fly it while the girls tried to compose themselves. They were almost to the Dark Kingdom!

-

Mother Gothel was in her room, slowly wilting away like the flower she once used to retain her youth. She had been in bed with a cold for the last two days and it wasn't lighting up. She needed her sun drop to return home, but the voice kept reassuring her she "wouldn't let her die before their evil plan came to fruition".

"Don't worry, Gothel, Rapunzel will be home soon!"

"How do you know?" Gothel rubbed her nose into her sleeve, which wasn't like the usually uptight, no-nonsense woman.