Chapter 34

Hayushi Y/n

"Y/n, are you really not going to meet your brother?"

I looked at Hina and shook my head.

She was cleaning up the mess here in her room.

"Y/n he's your only family, you know?" she said as she picked up the crumple papers.

I stared deeply at Hina who is still busy at cleaning.

Why is she convincing me about this?

I raised my brows when she flinched after she caught me staring at her.

"Why are you so persistent?" I asked.

She averted my gaze as she started playing the paper she's holding.

It's even more suspicious.

"Well... M-maybe your brother miss you and w-wanted to talk to you... So..." she said as she fidget.

I narrowed my eyes as I stared at Hina deeply.

She gave me a half smile as sweats dripping down from her forehead.

And that's when she told me about Niichan approached her and got slipped in the tongue.

I sigh as I stood up, I patted her head and told her that I'm going to live somewhere else which is made her worried and apologize to me but I just told her that it's alright.

Geez...

When I went outside, I already not surprise when I saw Niichan standing at the front door.

He looked at me with a blank expression on his face, he looked bigger and taller right now and it seems like he lives well, he also cut his hair.

"So you're avoiding your own brother?" he said, I didn't answered him and just walked away but then he spoke again.

"Why did you approach him again?" he asked, I can feel his annoyance on his voice.

I shrugged my shoulder as I looked at him.

"Even though I come or not, they'll going to hunt us anyway," I answered nonchalantly as if it was just a normal even though the guy that we were talking about is the worse monster being who live in this world.

"So you willingly go inside again on that glass? You'll casually wear that chains again?" I didn't speak.

What's the point of hoping freedom anyway? I have already done that.

And it seems like freedom isn't really for me.

I stared at my brother as the memories of him receiving whipps, needles and even drank a poison in order to protect me.

I smiled softly to Niichan as I approached him and gave him a hug.

"You've already done enough protecting me Niichan, now it's my turn to protect you," I said softly as I patted his head, I can also feel him hugged me back tightly as if he doesn't want me to give me to those people who do nothing but harm for me.

"You're my only family here Y/n, how could I just sit still knowing that you're life is going to be miserable?" he said with a sad tone on his voice.

"Niichan, I chose the this. Just live a happy life and create a family of your own," I said as I let go of the hug, I smiled at him brightly as I spoke.