〘 ᴀᴘʀɪʟ 12 : ᴛᴜᴇꜱᴅᴀʏ 〙

[ Falconwood Academy ]

"Oh my FSM ZANE I INDIRECTLY KISSED NYA!!!" Jay's realization got several eyes to turn on him. Zane blinked at him several times, trying to recover from the shock "I fail to see how that is a big deal... could you please get your hands off my desk?"

Jay scoffed and lied back into his seat with crossed arms, "Zane! It's um...the closest thing to an actual kiss! And you already know about how I feel towards Nya!"

"You...like her?"
"NO! Well...I mean...not really..."

Zane raises a brow in suspicion. "It's just embarassing and hard to explain! THERE! End of conversation!" Jay huffs as Zane shrugs and continues sketching.

After a few seconds of awkward silence, Jay approaches him again. "Actually did you finish wiring the Arduino board and the app?" He asks in a hushed whisper. Zane looks up from his sketchbook, in thought, and then grabs the circuit board from his bag. "I'll send you the app later." "Cool!"

[ Greenhill High ]

Kai was kinda early for once...and he finds out that Lloyd is actually an early bird because he spots him using his phone, earbuds in. "Hey Lloyd! Watcha watchin'?" He asks.

Startled, Lloyd shuts off his phone "Nothing of interest." He tries to play it cool but Kai already noticed that he was watching one of those aesthetic café vlog asmr videos. "Oh! Those aesthetic café vids...I've seen them. They're all right. Never thought to see you watching them." Kai said.

Lloyd shies away in slight embarrassment, "It just popped up on my recommendations. But now I'm kind of in the mood for some..."

"Really!? Well lucky you, Barista Kai is out on the job...at least after school." Kai stated as he sat beside him. "Y-You work in a café!?" Lloyd stammers. "Every-so-often. I need to make money somehow. 'Cause, me and Nya are on our own." Kai shrugs. "Oh..."

Silence falls between the two before Kai cuts it off, "You know, we should meet up at the back of the gym, after school, if you really REALLY want something thick and creamy down your throat."

"Kai, it's seven in the morning...." Lloyd groans. Kai barks out a laugh, "Sorry! I had to! But I am serious though. My co-worker has gym as last period so to make things quick we're gonna meet up with him first AND THEN head to the café."

[ After School ]

"Man I love Sir Dan, he always dismisses us early!" Kai exclaimed. Lloyd simply nodded in agreement. The two wait by the boy's bathroom for Kai's co-worker.

"Sorry if I took too long, bathroom's cramped as usual." Cole said referring to the boys now leaving the small bathroom. "Nah you good. I'm not surprised if two guys decided to fuck in there." Kai added. Lloyd immediately held his bag tightly and shut his eyes, "FSM, Keep that mental image 11037 meters away from me."

Kai laughs at his reaction while Cole simply asked "Why that number specifically?"

"It was the first number to pop up in my head for some reason." Lloyd replied, albeit a bit too quickly. "Uh-huh..." Cole said, confused but didn't question it.

Suddenly Kai's phone rings, "Oh wait, I'm gonna need to take this I'll be right back!" He quickly drifts not too far away from the two of them.

"So....are you used to it by now?" Cole asks out of the blue. "By what?" Lloyd asks, tilting his head a bit. "Kai's unseisoness...I think that's what he calls it." Cole mutters the last part to himself, unsure of the terminology.

"It's my 2nd day here so probably not...but he's my seatmate so I kinda have no choice. I doesn't really bother me though, it just catches me off-guard." And Lloyd usually doesn't like being off-guarded but it was harmless fun. Cole finally came to a realization, "OH! So you're the transfer student!"

"Yeah...I'm surprised it took you that long to figure out." Lloyd sheepishly says. Kai approaches them, it seems like the call was quick. "Let's go?" "Yep." "Mhm."

[ Café: Latte on the Rocks ]

"We're gonna come in from the back so just wait for us inside." Cole explained. Lloyd nodded and went inside. The place itself wasn't too big but it has a nice sort of comforting feel to it with the warm lights and dark wooden tables.

"Welcome! How may I take your order?" Kai asks. "Um...This is my first time in a café so do you have anything you would like to recommend?" Lloyd asks a bit too politely than he should have.

"Oh! You should try the—"
"We're not giving him that Cole."
"Why not?"
"Because you have questionable tastes."
"Hey! It's not that bad!"

Lloyd only looks at them in confusion as if he's missing something. "Anyway, I'd go for a cappuccino or a mocha. Maybe a caramel macchiato if I'm up for it." Kai said. "Mocha then, and a blueberry cheesecake."  Lloyd ordered.

After paying and collecting his order, Lloyd sat on one of the nearby barstools so that he can still talk to the two of them if he wanted to.

[ Later... ]

"So, how's your research coming along?" Kai asks. "It's going okay so far...nothing much though." Lloyd replied. "Research? What for?" Cole asks, curious. "I'm just—" "Lloyd's gonna do the police's job to investigate the recent robberies."

Lloyd faces Kai with a deadpan stare as if saying 'I was gonna explain.'

"But...isn't that the police's job?" Cole said. "I just got curious. And uh...my 'guardian' is part of the police." Lloyd explains. "Ohh..." the two say in understanding.

Awkward silence fills the trio.

"Anyway it's getting late and Boss is gonna want me to close up soon." Cole stated. "Okay. Let's head out after I change?" Kai asks, offering to walk Lloyd home. "Sure."

Lloyd waits outside for Kai and once he arrives, he notices Cole's not with him. "Is Cole not coming with us?" He asks. "He doesn't have to. He lives here." Kai stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "He WHAT!?" Lloyd immediately stops in his tracks. "Oh right....you don't know." Kai says in realization. "What kind of situation is Cole in to be living in a café?" He asks. Kai gives a shrug, "It's a long story, and it's not my right to explain.

Awkward silence fills the two for a while as they continue walking.

Kai snaps his fingers remembering something, "Oh right, where do you live?" "Huh...? Oh! You don't have to walk me home I just need to head to the bus stop." Lloyd replies. "Nah I didn't mean it like that, I was asking because I just randomly thought of having a sleepover together. Just the three of us." Kai explains. "Huh? Why?" Lloyd asks, confused.

"Why not? Us three can be closer, be bros and have some fun like Netflix and chill if you know what I mean." Kai says with a wink. Lloyd only looks at him confused, "But...I don't have Netflix?" "Ohhhh...going to the chill part. I see, I see."

Lloyd was even more confused but before he could ask, the bus comes in. "Looks like I gotta go, see you tomorrow." He says. "See ya!" Kai waves as the bus takes off. The moment Lloyd finds a lone seat in the bus, he quickly searched up what does "Netflix and chill" mean since knowing Kai, it's gonna bug him for a while. The moment the search results loaded in, he quickly closed the tab and messaged Kai.

┌──═━┈━═──┐

My white baby boy
[ kai... ]

RED SHOGUN
[ yes??? ]

My white baby boy
[ you fucking horny bastard... ]

RED SHOGUN
[ Shittt~ make sure you say that in front of me baby~ 😉 ]

└──═━┈━═──┘

Like always, Lloyd closes the chat with a look of disappointment.

─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

[ A/N ]
[ How punny can I get with these location names? ]
[ The answer is Yes ]