Chapter Three

Good evening, everyone.

You've been waiting for this update and here I am to fulfill. Bless all of you who waited for this, and I hope the next updates will be smooth sailing from now on.

Pray for my update schedules to be finalized lol. See you again.

xxx

Chapter Three

AUTHOR

Lisa feels a shiver run down her spine, not in a good way, at what the older woman said. She looks elsewhere, "Well, is that all of it?" she asks as she looks at Jisoo with an uneasy smile, tapping on the box.

"Yeah, yeah," the raven-haired woman nods while looking around the place and Lisa narrows her eyes at her, "My keys?" she asks when Jisoo still hasn't given her the set of keys.

"Oh, right," Jisoo gives her a sheepish smile and reaches for her back pocket, "Here."

"Thanks," she says, gesturing inside, "I'll go now." Jisoo nods quietly and waves to her dismissively before elegantly walking toward a car waiting for her. Lisa watches as it drives off and sighs, shrugging.

When she arrives in their apartment, the smell of pancakes and bacon fills her lungs and the door clicking shut signals her best friend about her arrival, peeking out from the kitchen, "Aww! I thought you're having breakfast with that woman. I was gonna eat all of this," she expresses her disappointment.

The Thai laughs, "I'm not gonna miss out on the pancakes, dude," she says as she walks toward the counter, stealing a bacon strip from the platter. "Hey! Don't eat them all!" Chaeyoung complains while Lisa just chuckles.

"What's that?" The Aussie points toward the box on the counter, "Wait, a new phone?" she adds with a furrow of her eyebrows, "What happened last night?" She glares at her and shuts off the stove, stomping because her only best friend is keeping things from her.

Lisa sighs, fixing pancakes and bacon onto her plate. "Remember the woman in red I spilled drinks on?" she starts telling her as they eat.

"What?! You had a near-death experience and I'm only hearing it now?! How could you keep this from me?" Chaeyoung is already on the verge of crying with those big puppy eyes and chubby cheeks still full of pancakes.

Lisa throws a small piece of bacon at her and the other tries to catch it with her mouth, chuckling together. "But really, d'you have any injuries from last night?" Chaeyoung's tone turned serious as her eyes roamed Lisa's body.

"No, I only have small cuts on my feet," Lisa replies, lifting her feet in front of Rosé just to annoy her, the latter swatting them away from her face in disgust.

"How's the girl? Is she the woman downstairs?" Chaeyoung seems so interested in Jennie causing Lisa to furrow her eyebrows a little. "No. It's some woman named Jisoo," she replies, and her mind gets filled with thoughts of Jennie.

Then she remembered: only the window at her feet was shattered by the bullet. Normally, it would've gone past the other window which was by Lisa's head. But it didn't. Her eyes widen when she realizes that the bullet must've gone through the driver's side.

Her hands shake at the thought, her breathing going shallow as she thinks about why Jisoo was the one who delivered the car and phone. "Hey, are you okay?" Chaeyoung's concerned voice wakes her up as she shakes Lisa's shoulder.

"Huh? Ah, yeah," she replies and looks at the phone. Did she, perhaps, save her number here?

She opens the box with a little more hope than she'd like but she shoves it down and opens it. She switches it on and waits as her feet bounce in anticipation while ignoring the raised eyebrow her best friend is throwing her.