Chapter Seven

If you've read Poisonous Blood, you know that I like to take things slow in my stories to build the atmosphere and establish the characters well. It also applies here in this book and I'd like to ask you all for patience in learning about the characters here.

I'm honestly excited for the next chapters. I hope you are, too.

Have a good day/night wherever you are and see you again soon.

xxx

Chapter Seven

A U T H O R

The following week is hectic. The two best friends drown themselves in their studies as it is their finals week. Thoughts about the Kims slip their minds as they focus on not screwing up their grades. They can't afford to fail the last semester needed before they can take their licensure exam.

Rosé is shading one of her last answers on her answer sheet. She almost shaded the wrong one thrice as she transfers her answers. She really can't allow a mistake like that considering that she still doesn't know which questions she got wrong.

After she shaded the 150th mark on her answer sheet, she closes her questionnaire and checks the answer sheet for any skipped numbers. When it's all good, she stands up from her seat and steps toward the front of the classroom.

"How was it?" Chaeyoung asks the Thai as soon as she leaves their room, her exam papers and answer sheet neatly placed on their professor's table.

"It was pretty easy," Lisa replies with a shrug, causing Rosé to smile in relief. Lisa is pretty much her difficulty meter. She asks her after every exam to see how she did. If it was easy for Lisa, there's a high chance that Chaeyoung will pass it too. Otherwise, there's a low chance.

So far, so good.

"Easy for you to say," Jihyo intercepts with pursed lips as she and Wendy fall in step with the two toward the parking lot. It was their last exam and the only thing left to do is to wait for the results in their portal about a week and a half from now.

"Oh, Jihyo. You'll pass. Your humbleness makes me want to puke," Wendy annoys her friend which caused the latter to roll her eyes.

"I told you I haven't had a proper review because of some jerk down the hall of my apartment," Jihyo hisses at her with her shoulders squared in anger at the thought of that man.

"You're forgetting that you've been sleeping at mine this week for the finals," Wendy deadpans as they turn a corner.

"That doesn't support your argument that I'll pass," Jihyo says and Wendy just huffs.

Lisa and Chaeyoung just chuckle at their banter. "Be optimistic, Jihyo. It doesn't really cost anything," Lisa says before looking behind them, "I thought the boys were following us."

"If they were, you'd probably know, Lisa-yah," Rosé shakes her head at the Thai, while the others chuckle with a nod. "They are still stuck answering. They can walk to the parking lot on their own," Wendy says as they walk.

"We're still on this Saturday night, right?" Jihyo asks when they arrive at the parking lot. The three express their affirmative before they go to their respective cars. "Alright. See you there," she says before following Wendy inside the car.

"Thank goodness the last semester is done," Lisa comments with a sigh of relief as the best friends throw their belongings into the backseat of the car. "Honestly," Chaeyoung replies in the passenger seat with an exasperated sigh, leaning back on the seat and fixing her seatbelt.

"I'm definitely sleeping in until tomorrow's lunch," Lisa says before reversing the car and driving out of the parking lot. "You and me both, kid," Rosé replies before fixing her eyes out of the window.