Chapter Eight

Yes, I know. I'm sorry for leaving this story unattended. My internship has been very demanding for the past six months, and I haven't had the time to show some love to this baby. We had exams every month, so I had to sacrifice somehow. I'm going to be having one last exam this Feb 1 to end Internship I so sadly, I'm going to be away again.

Internship II will be much harsher so please bear with me and pray for me huhu. I'll come back whenever I can, guys. Thank you for being patient with me.

xxx

Chapter Eight

AUTHOR

Lisa arrives at their apartment excitedly walking inside yelling Chaeyoung's name. Rosé turns towards her from the couch with an unimpressed look on her face. This was the second time she'd yelled her name after she'd met with Mina.

"What is it?" She asks in slight irritation after pausing the Hospital Playlist , her arm hovering over the backrest of the couch. Her irritation is quickly wiped out by the sight of the two pizza boxes in the Thai's left hand as she walks towards her, following it with her eyes with her mouth salivating.

"I finally asked Mina out to dinner!" Lisa's excited voice booms around their living room, her hands spread as if presenting her amazing self to the world. Chaeyoung sits up straight in awe that her best friend really had it in her.

"You what?!" She finally stands up and squeals as Lisa enthusiastically nods at her as if telling her 'Yes, I did!' Rosé walks or more like jumps towards her in joy, hugging her tightly. "I'm so proud of you!" She high-fives the doe-eyed woman repeatedly, the excitement rubbing off on her pretty easily.

They plop down on the couch with wide smiles on their faces with Rosé not so discreetly snatching the pizzas from Lisa's hand. The latter just shakes her head in amusement before settling it down on the coffee table.

Lisa tells her everything that happened and by the time she finished, Chaeyoung has already gulped down half of the large mixed berries pizza. "How do you not get an upset stomach with how fast you eat?" Lisa is still bewildered at her friend's talent no matter how long they've known each other.

Rosé just shrugs, getting another slice before hitting play on the forgotten series. Both sit in silence as they watch.

When the clock strikes 6:00 PM, Chaeyoung gets up to prepare for her 'dinner appointment' because she'd rather lose an arm than call it a dinner date . She emerges from her room in a black pantsuit and heels.

"Ooooh, looking hot, Rosé," Lisa coos with slow claps as Chaeyoung makes her way down toward the living room, "Oh, shut up," she replies, flipping her hair back and walking like a model, nevertheless.

"You good for tonight?" The taller blonde asks as she checks her purse for anything missing. The other blonde looks at the almost-finished pizza, "I don't know. You almost devoured my dinner," Lisa deadpans at her best friend.

"Hush, girl. I only finished the mixed berries one," Chaeyoung protests but Lisa adds, "and a quarter of the spinach and mushroom one."

"You can always order, Lisa. Now if you'll excuse me," Rosé says with a raised brow, flips her hair back, and walks towards the door. The last she hears is Lisa's chuckle before she closes the door.

She takes a deep breath as she enters the elevator, releasing it slowly to calm her nerves before pressing the button for the ground floor.

She's not gonna let the other woman drive her to the edge again, she decides. She's gonna lay down what's to transpire during their marriage loud and clear and with a level-headed mind. She's ever open to compromise but anything that will clash with her principles will get shot down firmly.