Chapter Six

Chapter Six

AUTHOR

Rosé stifles a laugh before it breaks free from her throat into full-blown laughter. "You? Marry me?" She's able to get out the words between bouts of laughter.

"What?" Lisa asked with furrowed eyebrows. It is a good idea to stop whatever is going to unfold with Rosé's engagement.

"My Mom owns a law firm. The pro bono services there are only a quarter of their operations. With a merger with both, the Park & ​​Park Firm can manage. Plus, we're already living together so we know how each other is," she reasons.

"Lisa, a merger between law firms just distributes the work. There are no expansions whatsoever," Rosé deadpans; Lisa's shoulders slumped. She knows that much.

"I know," she replies, defeated. Just yesterday, they talked about staying away from the Kims and now, Chaeyoung is engaged with Jisoo? Talk about the turn of events.

"So, you just accepted your fate? No complaints whatsoever from you last night?" Lisa doesn't believe Rosé didn't put up a fight to stop this.

"Actually..." Chaeyoung starts as she puts jam on her French toast, "Alice was supposed to take on this engagement, not me," she says before biting on the toast.

"What? Then, why did you intervene, you dummy?" This is even more unbelievable for Lisa. Chaeyoung rolls her eyes, "I'm not about to push my sister to her death, am I?" she replies, "Plus, she's back with Henry. I can't let a business deal ruin their third chance, alright?"

Lisa slumps a little more on her seat, "So you went off stealing the engagement. Don't you think that many chances could mean they aren't meant to be together?" she states with a click of her tongue.

"I know the risks of getting involved with her. Alice doesn't, okay?" Rosé says in a serious tone. "It's safer this way."

"I'm sensing you're planning more than you're letting on," Lisa narrows her eyes at her, then widens at a thought, "Are you jumping for the opportunity to unveil their psycho side?"

"What? I'm not that dumb!" She bluffs at her best friend. "I'm just going to be a lovely wife, feigning ignorance, okay? I'm gonna strike a deal with her for a peaceful life." She casts a pointed look at the Thai who looks at her with disbelieving eyes.

"Rosie," she starts with a warning tone, "You know we're gonna take the oath soon, right?" With a raised eyebrow, she watches her best friend sigh and give her a knowing look.

"It will be all right. Maybe once Shin Industries' venture is done, I can ask for a divorce or something?" Chaeyoung asks with uncertainty laced in her voice with a small smile on her lips, trying to ease her best friend's worries. Lisa shakes her head, unamused at the taller blonde's unclear reply.

"Be careful," is the only reply that the Thai can muster. She can sense something in Chaeyoung's replies. Rosé isn't one to be uncertain of situations she puts herself in. She's hiding something.

Lisa decides to let it go. For now.

"I will," the Aussie replies with a smile then goes back to her food. Lisa let it slide and she thanks the heavens.

"What time are you gonna leave?" Chaeyoung asks with an excited smile, wriggling her eyebrows. Lisa's demeanor lightens up as she dances in her seat, beaming, "At 11:30 AM. I need to impress her with my punctuality."

The taller blonde chuckles, "This is not a job interview, Lisa, but yeah, it's a date's good first impression."

"This isn't actually a date, though," Lisa pouts, "She just wants to treat me for helping in improving the kids' living situation," she shrugs with a smile.