Chapter 32

A smile appeared on Dagger's lips while reading some posts on social media. He kept on skipping things about him and Madelaine and focused instead with posts about him and his lovely girlfriend.

"Friella is more suitable to be the main character, we don't need another innocent and paligtasin na female lead."

"The tension between Dagger and Saellyn is immaculate! I love seeing them together."

"Wish they can interact more in future events. The production team should give them enough time for each other also. Saellyn is one of his leads as well."

Dagger turned off his phone after taking screenshots of the users who posted those things, then he quickly dialed a number of a person who picked up within few seconds. "Dagger?"

"I sent some pictures, track those people and give them money and tell them that they won a reward over something. Make it sound legitimate. They lifted my mood," he said.

Aristocle chuckled with that. "Why? Because they're supporting you and Saellyn? Ikaw talaga."

"Just do it. Find more people who are active supporters of my girlfriend and give them rewards, give double to those who support our loveteam. Send me updates later." Agad niyang binaba ang tawag matapos sabihin 'yon.

He lifted the champagne glass before taking a sip from his wine. Pagkatapos ay ipinahinga niya ang ulo sa sandalan ng sofa at pumikit. Kanina niya pa gustong puntahan ang nobya pero hindi naman ito sumasagot sa tawag niya, maybe she's doing something or she's still asleep, he doesn't want to interrupt it.

Walang pakealam na nilingon niya ang cellphone nang mag-ring ito, pero agad siyang napaupo nang tuwid nang makita kung sino ang tumatawag. He excitedly answered the call in a good mood.

"Baby?" he uttered.

His girlfriend laughed on the other line. "You sound so excited, love. By the way, I received 3 missed calls from you, I'm sorry for not picking up immediately. I'm currently at the police station."

"What are you doing there? Do you want me to pick you up?" He cleared his throat. "Why am I even asking? I'll go there, I want to see you."

"Hmm," she said while giggling. "Wear mask so people won't recognize us."

He clenched his jaw in annoyance. "I want them to recognize us, so everyone will know that I'm dating you and not Madelaine."

"Love, we're not supposed to do that, okay?"

He bit his lower lip before letting out a sigh. "I'm sorry, baby. I'll be there in few minutes, text me the location."

"Okay, I'll wait for you. Ingat po sa pagda-drive."

"Oo naman, pakakasalan pa kita," natatawa niyang sagot dito.

"Hmp. Sa parking lot na lang tayo magkita, bye!"

Dagger quickly changed his clothes and left his mansion immediately. He can't wait any longer to see his girlfriend, kahit ilang oras lang siyang malayo rito, pakiramdam niya nababaliw na agad siya sa pagka-miss dito.

"THANK you, officer. I'll bring it with me and I'll come back tomorrow with my uncle," Saellyn politely said at the police officer in front her.

"Walang anuman po, ma'am. Susubukan pa rin po naming hanapin 'yung mga CCTV na active by that time, tatawag na lang din po ako sa inyo."

"I'm really thankful for your help, kuya. I left my number at the form, you can contact me there." Magalang siyang yumuko rito at inabot ang mga papeles na binigay sa kaniya.

"Sige po, ma'am. Puwede rin po bang pa-picture muna? Sikat po kayo ngayon ma'am, eh. Pinagkakaguluhan nga po kayo ng mga kasama ko rito sa station," nahihiya nitong sabi na ikinatawa niya.

Nang tumango siya ay agad naman nitong nilabas ang cellphone. She smiled sweetly at the camera along with the officer beside her. "Salamat po talaga ma'am ganda."

"Welcome, kuya. Aalis na po ako, salamat po ulit nang marami."

After bidding goodbye with the officer who helped her regarding the files about her mother's last purchase before her death, she immediately left the police station. Pero hindi niya inaasahan ang pagdagsa ng maraming tao papalapit sa kaniya, some police officers immediately covered her for protection.

She didn't expected that this thing will actually happen. She left her house without guards and her team thinking that it won't be dangerous for her.

"Ate Saellyn! Pa-picture po!"

"Ang ganda n'yo po!"

"Ate Saellyn pa-picture naman po, please!"

Napaatras siya nang mas dumami pa ang mga tao na sumugod, she noticed how the officers are having a hard time already stopping the crowd. She waved a little towards the people before smiling genuinely.

"Ate, puwede pong makipag-selfie? Super idol ko po kayo ever since mapalabas 'yung scene ni Friella," a teenager said while tearing up.

"Come here, I'll hold your phone." She carefully hold the girl's cellphone as they took a picture. Umiiyak naman na yumuko ito sa kaniya pagkatapos para magpasalamat.

People took turns upon taking a picture with her, she did her best being fair and giving everyone enough time so they can all have shots. Gladly, police officers are gentle with the netizens since the crowd is not too aggressive.

Saellyn felt disappointed to herself when she had to leave quickly as soon as the crowd became huge, hindi naman siya puwedeng magtagal doon dahil naaawa rin siya sa mga pulis na nahihirapang magbantay.

With the officers beside her, she paused when a familiar car stopped in front them. Nang kaagad naman niyang makilala kung kaninong kotse 'yon ay bahagya niyang binuksan ang passenger seat at mabilis na pumasok sa loob.

Dagger's car is heavily tinted, people won't see him from the inside. Unless they know his plate number which is very impossible because it's a very private matter.

Nang makalayo sila sa mga nagkakagulong tao ay agad na napasandal sa pagod ang dalaga. Maingat din na nag-park ang lalaki sa tagong lugar at saka niya nilingon. "Why did you come out without any marshall or guards?" he worriedly asked.

"I thought it wouldn't be nuisance for me to go out alone. Nasanay akong lumalabas nang ako lang mag-isa, eh," she explained.

Maingat siyang hinila ng lalaki at malambing siyang hinalikan sa labi. "Next time, bring guards with you okay? Start hiring multiple so you can breathe freely in public. What if you're not in police station a while ago and people started attacking you?"

"I'm sorry, love." She pouted before kissing his lips. "Hindi na mauulit."

He bit his lower lip as he avoided her gaze with reddened ears. "Tangina, bakit ka ba nanghahalik? Galit nga ako 'di ba?"

She chuckled naughtily with what he said, pilya niya pa itong hinawakan sa pisngi at muling hinalikan nang matagal sa labi. "Huwag ka nang magalit, love. Hmm?"

Padabog nitong pinaandar muli ang sasakyan at muli siyang sinulyapan. "This is bad, I can no longer be mad at you. You know how to melt my anger immediately."

Mapang-asar niya itong tinanguan. "Let's eat somewhere, love. I'm hungry."

"Copy, boss."