Chapter 45

Saellyn kept herself busy on scrolling through her social media accounts to see what's going on. It's been six hours since Dagger revealed their relationship.

And now, it's trending all over places.

She was also surprised to see some posts about them from their fans. Each of them contains pictures of Dagger and her, kissing privately, and holding hands with masks on. It's like those pictures are taken secretly.

There's also one picture of her boyfriend's plate number, along with her figure outside the police station, riding Dagger's car. She remembered it clearly, it was when he fetch her upon investigating her mother's last purchase.

Nagtataka siya noong una kung bakit ngayon lang lumabas ang mga picture na 'yon, kahit matagal na naman yatang nag-e-exist. Why did their fans wait for Dagger to reveal it himself?

But it answered her questions when she finally saw their fans' explanation about that matter.

"Dagger and Saellyn were hiding their relationship from the very start, so who are we to reveal it before they have a say about it? We just kept the pictures so we can have proof if ever something happens, pero wala kaming balak na unahan silang umamin, kasi relasyon nila 'yan. Wala kaming karapatan na pangunahan sila."

That touched her heart, a big time, knowing that their fans are so considerate. Gusto niyang yakapin ang lahat ng mga ito para lang magpasalamat.

"What are you reading, baby?"

She smiled sweetly when Dagger hugged her from behind. Mabilis itong umupo sa sofa at hinila siya para halikan sa labi.

"There are some photos of us, kissing, circulating online. I was just amazed of our fans, they're very considerate," sagot niya.

He looked at the screen for few seconds before looking back at her. Kinagat nito ang ibabang labi 'saka siya buong pag-iingat na hinaplos sa pisngi. "Most of our fans, and your fans, are young. Most of them are teenagers who knew exactly how relationship for artists works. They're aware how hard it is for us to date secretly."

"Yeah, that's right." She carefully placed her phone on the table before caressing Dagger's jaw. "I really love their generation, baby, I can't wait for them to become the world's future leaders."

His arm encircled around her waist as he pulled her gently. Pinaulanan nito ng halik ang kaniyang noo na ikinatawa niya.

"Let's raise our future children like them, I can't imagine raising a misogynist kid," he replied.

"Oo naman, 'no! Baka sipain ko patalsik ng Earth 'yung magiging anak natin kapag lumaking gago 'yon." She heard him chuckle that made her pout her lips. "But of course, it starts with us, they will never be assholes if we treat them right."

Pilyo itong tumingin sa kaniya. "Them? Hmm. You want a lot of kids?"

Bumusangot siya bago ito iripan. "I'm not talking about the numbers. I'm just not sure of what their gender could be once they were born. Malay mo umasa ako sa cute na babae, tapos lalaki naman pala, o kaya pretty gay, or handsome lesbian. Ayokong mag-expect sa gender nila kaya mananahimik muna ako."

His laugh became even louder when he heard her response. "Kuya Avenight, and Sebastian failed to have a cute little girl offspring with their wives. Even mom, and dad hoped for a girl but they got nine assholes. So, I think it's impossible for us to have a little version of you."

"Ay, hala, gano'n?" Nakabusangot siyang kumandong sa nobyo bago ito halikan sa pisngi. "It's fine, as long as our child will be healthy."

Dagger nodded his head. "That's what matters the most."

Bigla siyang ngumuso. "But I'm sure, with the life you have, our kid won't be able to live a normal life. You'll end up training them to be like you. I mean, it runs in the blood."

Dagger just flashed a smirk. "Looks like we're talking about having kids already, do you want to get married with me soon?"

"Huwag naman masyadong maaga, Dagger." She stared at the ceiling for few seconds. "Hmm, maybe after I solved my mother's case? I still have a lot of things going inside my mind right now, and I don't want to marry you in that state. Lalo na ngayon na sure na ako na hindi suicide ang pagkamatay ni mommy."

Dagger carefully placed her on the sofa before facing her. Buong pag-iingat nitong hinalikan ang pisngi niya, umano'y pinaparating na kasama niya ito kahit anong mangyari.

"I know, baby. I will help you with that." Ngumiti ito nang matamis sa kaniya. "Are you into public proposal?"

Nakakunot ang noong tiningnan niya ito. "Are you planning to propose to me soon? Then why are you asking me about that? 'Di ba dapat secret? Kasi surprise."

"It is supposed to be a secret, but I still want to ask for your consent about it. Public proposal is a kind of manipulation, and I don't want to pressure you on saying yes. So I'm asking you if it's okay for you," he explained that made her heart soften once again. "I won't spoil you about the date... So, it's still a surprise."

Kinagat niya ang ibabang labi bago ito hampasin sa dibdib. She encircled her arms around her nape before kissing him on the lips.

"I don't care whether it's private or public, I will still marry you whatever happens, baby. Kahit hindi ka mag-propose, ako na lang ang gagawa, char!" Mapagbiro siyang tumawa na ikinangiti na rin ng nobyo. "But promise, I will marry you whatever it takes!"

His eyes are full of emotions as she said that, tahimik lang siya nitong niyakap nang mahigpit. "I love you, baby. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Dagger," she replied.

He was about to kiss her when his phone rang. "Fucking shit," pagmumura nito.

She giggled when he stood up angrily. "I'll just take this call, baby."

Pinanood niya ang pigura nito na papalayo bago lumingon sa cellphone nang tumunog ito.

She opened the message from her uncle William.

Ija, I have something to tell you about your mother's case. I got a lead! Please meet me at the restaurant we used to go. I'll give some files, and you can give it to the police after we talk. Hurry up, I don't have enough time, I think someone is out there to take me down.

Please, hurry up, ija.

Taranta siyang napatayo sa kinauupuan nang makita 'yon. Nakalimutan niya na ang nobyo dahil sa sobrang pagkataranta.

She just took her purse before leaving her house immediately.