Story

"Do you'll wanna go to church on Sunday?" Oliver asked breaking the quiet chatter between Matthew and Adam, and the clanking and scratching of the cutlery on the ceramic plates.

"Oliver-" Noah interfered.

"I know Noah it's been long but we have someone to introduce our devotion, and how long are you going to rely on your own prayers and interpretation?" Oliver continued.

Noah sighed, "Fine," he said contemplating his decision for a while displaying a tight smile to Oliver indicating he has nothing against him for his statement or rather the question at the start.

The Fluor household back at the time was religiously devoted, and lead a spiritual life, a life Noah would replace the word spiritual and say "A happy normal family life" out of formality in his mind.

"Would you like to join us?" Adam asked Matthew, slightly whispering.

  "I'll think about it" Matthew answered with a soft smile.

   "Oliver?" Raelyn called.
   "Yeah bambina?" Oliver replied.
   "I have a riddle,"
   "Is it a good one?"
   "I think so"
   "Ok go ahead," Oliver said placing down his fork and looked directly at the little one with a playful stare.

   The little one giggled, "Adam, Noah you can answer if you want to, Matthew knows the answer"

  "I wonder how" Adam playfully squinted his eyes at Matthew.

   "Ok ok, I'm gonna start" the little girl dramatically cleared her throat.

   "If a peacock laid one egg a day, how much has it laid in ten days?"

  "Easy, ten" Oliver answered.

   "Yeah, ten" Noah chimes in.

   "I don't see why not, yeah ten" Adam too says.

   "You are all wrong" the small girl giggled.

  "What do you mean, a peacock laid one egg a day, so I'm ten days it's laid ten eggs, what else is possible" Oliver argues.

   "Something else is possible..." Matthew says softly but loud enough for all to hear.

  "Hey, if you tell me the answer I'll give you my dessert" Adam nudged Matthew playfully knowing very well Raelyn can hear them.

    "That's cheating so no" Matthew says.
   "Yeah, that's cheating" Raelyn chimes in crossing her hands.

   "Do you give up?" The little one asks the table with confused brothers.

  "I give up," Noah says "but take this bite quickly" he adds holding a spoon with mashed potato which she quickly takes in her mouth. 

  "What's the answer?" Oliver sighed.

  "Addy?" The little girl asks her eyes gleaming, "Do you give up?" 

 Adam sighs, "Fine, I give up" 

   "Peacocks don't lay eggs silly" The little one bursts out laughing while all the brothers looked at her in shock. 

________________________

  "So much to say you go to a big boys school," The little one says to Adam as he tucked her into bed that night along with Matthew, the little one still holding on to her victory.   

  Matthew snickered behind them as Adam sighed and shook his head his lips pursed together. 

  "Good night little mouse" he thereafter said with a smile and peppering kisses on her cheeks as she giggled while firmly holding on to Jay.