Chapter 2

"A demigod with fire powers." Artemis said in awe as she looked at Percy who was surrounded by flames. She could feel power rolling off him in waves and his aura was red and green. She wondered if he was a son of Hephaestus who was somehow a fire user. But as she looked at his jet black hair and flaming eyes she knew he wasn't, the last fire user never had fire for eyes anytime he was angry. Not to mention his eyes were a sea green, like Poseidon's. How is this possible?

"Who is your godly parent boy?" Artemis asked once she got over her shock. The five year old boy glared at her and the fire grew, Artemis mentally faced palm for calling him boy. Zoe pointed her bow at him but stopped once the fire died down and ceased.

"Godly pawent?" He asked in confusion. His eyes turned back into a normal sea green color. Artemis was pondering about his parent and then wondered if he was a young godling.

"I'm his mother." She looked up to see a 20 year old hearth goddess in roman form. She was shocked and saw Percy looking at his mom wide eyed.

"M-mommy? You'we weally hewe(here)?" Tears spilled down his cheeks and Vesta smiled at her son sadly.

"I'm here my boy, I'm here for you." There was a gasp from the hunters as they thought Vesta had broken her vow. Artemis looked at Vesta in disgust for having a man steal her heart. The boy ran to his mother and embraced her and sobbed loudly. Vesta kissed his hair and rocked him in her arms. His eyes, Artemis noted and saw the red ring around the iris. Percy suddenly yanked back from Vesta and glared up at her, his eyes burst into flames.

"Why did you leave me? Whewe's(where's) daddy? How did you get hewe?" He asked a series of questions angrily. Artemis and the hunters stayed quiet and realization hit her, Percy was roman.

"I'm so sorry Perseus, I left you because my brother Jupiter would try to kill you if he knew of your existence. Your father is Neptune and he doesn't know I'm with you right now, I'm here now because I'm a goddess." Percy's eyes widened along with the hunters.

"You gave birth to a god! You broke your vow for Neptune?" Artemis roared and felt betrayed that Vesta would do something like this. Vesta glared at her menacingly.

"You truly think so little of me niece! Neptune and I made Percy from the hearth and he is a demigod, I did not break my vow." She hissed and Artemis raised her eyebrows at her and then looked down at her feet in shame for her assumptions.

"I must keep him hidden from Jupiter, Artemis can you keep him with you and the hunt? Jupiter would never expect for him to be with a group of man haters, please." There was an uproar of protest from the hunters, Percy glared at all of them and he hugged his mother again making her smile. While the hunters and Artemis loudly conversed, Vesta told Percy about the gods and about his powers from the sea and the hearth. She told him how he could summon food and speak to sea creatures, horses, and cranes. She told him about his father and that she loved Percy very much. Artemis looked over at Percy and saw the happiness in his green eyes. She decided to listen in on the conversation.

"Percy, if Artemis accepts you then you must respect her and her hunters." Vesta instructed firmly.

"Oh I will mom, one of the couples that adopted me taught me all about wespect fow women and that men and women awe equal. I only showed Awty wespect because hew fwiends awe big fat meanies." Though she would of killed anyone else for saying that she couldn't help but laugh at the five year olds pouty face or the adorable lisp he had. He had called her Arty and she knew it was because she knew he couldn't pronounce her name correctly.

Phoebe heard this and chuckled,"Aw common guys! This kids adorable! Plus he's only five and we could teach him how to be a good guy. Humble, kind, smart, wise, fast, strong, and cool. Not to mention he has fire powers, that's freakin awesome." Half of the hunters nodded in agreement and the other half scowled.