Chapter 13

The days had been slowly getting easier for Percy and Nico as they learned to cope with their sister being dead. Her death had brought the brothers closer and their bond strengthened as they helped each other through the pain. Percy had gone back with the hunt but swore to Nico he would visit him everyday, he had told Nico everything which made the poor eleven year old stunned. Percy and Zoe had gotten closer as well and Artemis still contemplated on what she should do about their relationship, she could tell that Zoe was also helping Percy get over his grief about Bianca's death and it was working. She would comfort Percy and always be with the brothers when they were mourning over their sister. Burning her shroud was the hardest thing emotionally that Percy had ever been through besides her death, Nico spoke of these plans to resurrect Bianca but Percy told him not to.

"Nico, she's in a better place now. She's only sleeping, she's peaceful now. She won't be plagued with our nightmares anymore, she won't have to worry about monsters anymore. Who are we to wake her up from her dreams?" Percy had said and Nico began to cry again because he knew Percy was right, he just missed Bianca. Percy was not yet immortal like the hunters, Artemis told him that he was possibly the prophesy child and Percy agreed. He would never put that burden on his eleven year old brother, Annabeth had started to hang out with Percy more and they soon became good friends. She was easy to be around but not as easy to be around as with Zoe. Apollo had explained why he had treated Hal Green as he did. He told Percy that Zeus had forced him to do so, Zeus didn't like the thought of Hal saving people with his future telling abilities because Zeus thought that then gods and demigods would try to defeat him and steal his power. Zeus became paranoid and thought that demigods and gods would be able to defeat him with Hal predicting his every move. Apollo then told Percy that he had no choice and followed his father's orders. Percy had then hugged his brother because even though he was bitter with him he had missed Apollo immensely. Thalia had also been there for Percy and occasionally poked fun at him about his moment with Zoe.

"Percy, get ready we're about to leave." Artemis called from Percy's tent. Percy blinked rapidly as he was broken from his thoughts. He threw on his steel toed boots and strapped his golden bow onto his back. His hunting knives were sheathed at his waist and he flipped up his hood, he walked out of his tent and let out a loud whistle. Alpha bounded towards his master excitedly and jumped on him, Percy was expecting this and caught the black wolf easily.

"Gotcha!" He laughed and Alpha rolled his eyes while Percy dropped him,

"Wow boss, you actually didn't fall this time!" He said sarcastically making Percy snort,

"Whatever fuzzball." Alpha glared at Percy with his dark eyes,

"What did you call me?" Percy smirked,

"Are you goin deaf gramps?" Percy asked as he began to speak louder and slower, "I called you a fuzzball." Alpha tried to jumped on Percy who leaned to the right making the wolf catch air. Zoe came out of her tent to see Percy laughing and playing with Alpha, the usual mirth and mischievousness returned in his sea green eyes as he allowed his wolf to tackle him. She was happy to seem him getting better by the day as he slowly got over Bianca's death, it had taken it's toll on Percy and had him to the point were he couldn't sleep. She knew that guilt was eating him alive but was relieved to see him doing better. Once he saw her he gently pushed Alpha off him and made his way over. He stopped in front of her and crushed her into a hug while resting his chin on top of her hair,

"Thanks for being there." He murmured and Zoe hugged him back tightly,

"Your welcome, thanks for saving me from the fates." He chuckled and she smiled, it was good to hear him laugh again. She pulled away momentarily and flipped down his hood so she could see his beautiful eyes, he smiled fondly at her and kissed her forehead. She blushed and he rested his chin on her head again. She snuggled into his chest making him blush as well.