Chapter 17

So Lupa took the potion, just like that?" A hooded woman asked,

The eight year old shrugged,"Yes, but I betrayed her." The eight year old looked at the ground sadly while the woman rolled her eyes.

The eight year old glared at her,"I have done what you've asked! I've fulfilled my debt to you."

The woman clucked her tongue,"Why so angry? Percy is now a praetor as he should be."

The girl looked furious,"I wanted him to earn the title of praetor not have some stupid potion trick Lupa." The woman's eyes narrowed at the girl and she towered over her.

The girl glared up at her defiantly and the woman scoffed,"I needed to speed up the process, have you not seen his fighting skills? He did earn that title and you have not payed off your debt to me. You owe me far more then a short mission, I have created a roman prodigy and you have sold your soul to me. Even you should know that you have sold your soul to someone far worse then Pluto himself." The girl slumped and looked at the ground in remorse and anger.

"And what if I choose to stop helping you?" The girl growled and the woman laughed at her. The girl looked at the woman questionably, she was nervous at the woman's laugh and her neck hairs stood on end.

"You honestly think you can stop paying off such a large debt? You are funny, if you even think of breaking our deal I will destroy him, I helped create him and I can tear him down just as easily." She sneered cruelly and the girl looked at her in horror as tears blurred her eyes. She couldn't imagine life without Percy, he was the best thing that ever happened to her. Diana, Apollo, Pluto, and the hunters would be crushed if he died. Percy was her little boy and she would not let him die, he meant the world to her, he was her pride and joy, he made her so happy as he grew up into the perfect young man.

"Hecate, please do not harm him. I will pay off my debt, just leave Percy out of this." The girl pleaded and Hecate smirked at her before patting her head as if she was a dog.

"I thought you would say that, he is after all your only child. Vesta, there is a council meeting you must attend. I will call upon you once I require your charming services." She spoke down to the hearth goddess in a demeaning way and Vesta nodded numbly before giving her a look of confusion.

"Won't Lupa realize he is a praetor tomorrow? Won't she be angry and confused?" Vesta asked and Hecate sighed impatiently while tapping her foot.

"Yes but she won't think a thing of it once you give her and the senate this tomorrow, Percy must win those votes." Hecate conjured a yellow potion and handed it to Vesta,"And we do not know if she'll even be able to think a thing of it...might want to get to that meeting soon Vesta. I'd hate to see you depressed once your son is splattered all over the walls of the throne room." Hecate chided and smirked at the hearth goddess's face of rage. Vesta vanished in flames and Hecate laughed maniacally before vanishing as well.

Percy stood in the throne room beside Diana, Apollo, and Zoe. He glared at the king of the gods as Jupiter glared at them as well.

"Diana, Apollo! You two have been hiding this forbidden child!" Jupiter bellowed angrily, the godly twins glowered at their father.

"Father he was five when we found him! He was alone and he's part of my hunt now!" Artemis snarled as her silver eyes began to glow. Percy grabbed Zoe's hand and squeezed it reassuringly before dropping it and stepping towards the king of the gods.

"Jupiter, if anyone is to be punished it is me. My very existence is wrong, do what you wish with me but leave my siblings Diana and Apollo, who are also your children, out of this. And leave Zoe alone, she hasn't done anything wrong." Percy spoke with a firm voice and stepped in front of his siblings and Zoe. Jupiter's eyes widened comically before he pulled out his master bolt. Zoe stared at her boyfriend in horror as he sacrificed himself for them, she snatched his hand and glared at him for being so selfless. She didn't want him to die for her, she wasn't worth it. He was her boyfriend and she loved him, he had done nothing wrong and neither has Diana or Apollo.