Chapter 2: Strategy X

Ten Years Later

It's been ten years since Cain had joined the Institute and he had learned some of the basics to control his powers. During those years, he met two more mutants. One of them happened to be a boy with brown hair and wore red sunglasses while the other was a girl with long red hair. Their names are Scott Summers and Jean Grey.

They were at a football game, both Cain and Scott were sitting in the Bleachers while Jean was in a cheerleader outfit and doing a cheer routine. Cain was sighing as Scott was looking at him.

"What's wrong, Cain?" Scott asked.

"Why are we here? We should be training." Cain stated.

"The professor wanted you to get out of the mansion to socialize. And Jean wanted support for team spirit. And besides, did you want Luna to be bored at the Mansion?" Scott said.

Cain was looking down at a wolf. He found Luna when he was ten years old as she was a newborn pup. Her mother was killed giving birth. He took her in as he took care of her. Charles had her register as a trained wolf for a pet. She was panting as she was looking at the game. She was scratching at her master's pants leg.

"What? You're hungry, girl?" Cain asked.

She let out a happy bark which he took as a sign of a yes. He untied the leash from the bleachers and they both got up to walk off the bleacher. Scott raised a questionable brow as Cain was leaving.

"Where are you going?" Scott asked.

"Nature calls and Luna is hungry." Cain said.

Scott just shrugged his shoulders and leaned back to watch the game. Cain headed for the snack bar and bought a couple of hotdogs for Luna. She was tied to a lamp post as he fed her and went to the restroom. Once he was done, he came out as he noticed Luna was growling for some odd reason. He was looking in the direction where he saw Tolansky who was stealing people's wallets. He just shook his head when he saw Duncan the school Jock/Bully and his goons surrounded Tolanski.

"I curse myself for being nice." Cain thought.

He kept Luna tied to the lamp post he was walking underneath the bleachers. Duncan had Tolansky against the wall while he took the money.

"Back off, Duncan." Scott said.

"Stay out of this, Summers." Duncan said.

"I would listen to the man, Jock." Cain said.

He was looking to the side to see Cain was standing behind Scott. Duncan gritted his teeth as he was even more pissed off. Cain was folding his arms as he stared him down.

"Or do you want a refresher course on what happened on my first day?" Cian mentioned.

Duncan was looking at his hand for a moment as the bad memories popped in his head.

=== Flash back ===

Cain was sitting in the principal's office as he listened to a woman explain the school's rules to him. The woman stood about 5'10 and had short dark brown hair, her eyes were brown, and she was dressed in a purple outfit. She was looking at him as she smirked because he was listening to everything she said.

"Well, Mr. Jones, do you have any questions regarding the school rules?"

"No, Principal Darkholme." Cain answered.

"Good. Here is your class schedule and your locker number." Darkholme said.

She handed him the class schedule, locker number and combination. He noticed something was off about her as he grabbed the papers. He left her office and out into the hallway. He was looking at the paper with his locker number until he came across a locker with the same number.