Chapter 5: Mutant Crush

At the Texas State Fair

There was a Monster Truck crushing smaller cars as the crowd cheer with excitement.

"All right, let's hear a big cheer for the lady of monster trucks, Shirley Ray!"

The crowd watched as the female driver of the massive red monster truck fired up, rolling over row upon row of cars, even doing wheelies over them and all other kinds of stunts and jumps. It was truly quite the show. The crowd cheered as they saw a woman hand waving to the crowd. Then she drove off while inside the tunnel there was a young teen boy standing with a cloak. He was getting a pep talk by his fellow overweight friend. He was a tall overweight Asian man with a fire tattoo on his belly.

 He was a tall overweight Asian man with a fire tattoo on his belly

"You got this, Fred. Just remember what I taught ya. Ain't no shame in giving it your all."

"Thanks, Zang-Ching." Fred said.

"Thank me later, now, get out there and show the crowd what we belly brothers got." Zang-Ching said.

He placed his hand on Fred's shoulder, but little did he know that there was an blue scorpion spirit crawling into Fred's ear. Fred was rubbing his ear for a moment.

 He shook his hand as he was walking outside to greet his fans

He shook his hand as he was walking outside to greet his fans. Zang-Ching was smirking as he was leaving the tunnel. He stopped for a moment as he was looking at Homara who was sitting on a metal barrel.

"So, did it make it inside?" Homara asked.

"Yup, Old Freddy boy is going to give that little critter a lot of amount of his anger." Zang-Ching said.

"Good. Now, I want him to face off against him after this." Homara said.

"And now, Ladies and gentelemn, the main attraction of the evening. Give a resounding cheer for the world's strongest teenager, Fred 'The Blob' Dukes!"

Fred took his cloak and grabbed two industrial chain; each one chained to the monster trucks, and wrapped them around his wrists and held on. The audience was watching carefully to see this young man is about to hurt himself.

"All right, Dukes, show us what you can do!."

Fred breathed deeply as the monster trucks roared to life. Everyone in the stands held their breath as nothing happened momentarily. Then, a simple nod from Fred provoked the monster trucks to haul away. The chains quickly went taut, but Dukes held on. Anyone else would have been ripped apart trying to hold back such horsepower. But the Blob was not anyone else; he merely gritted his teeth and groaned as the trucks hauled away, but they could not advance. It was like they were tied to a mountain, unmovable. The trucks accelerated, but all this accomplished was going into wheelies. Duke held on.