Chapter 3: The X Impulse

Cain was running after something in the middle of the night and he was looking around through the trees as he noticed a shadow figure jumping from the tree branch. He went after it and he knew that this was pointless.

"Why does it have to take so long to kill this thing?" Cain said.

Then he heard a sound and the shadow creature shrieked. He ran towards the sound of the shriek until he stopped to see Logan who is shirtless and has a head of the creature that looks like an Oni Imp on his claws. He was looking at the creature and then looked at Cain with one eyebrow raise.

"Getting slow there, bub?" Logan asked.

Cain sighed.

"Sorry for setting off the silent alarm. That thing snuck into my room and made off with one of my swords. I had to chase after to get it back." Cain explained.

Logan just sighs and tossed his stolen black sword. Cain caught it as they both were heading back to the institute to get some sleep. Cain was looking at the night sky to see that it was about to rain.

Northbook

There was thunder as lightning flashes to show a house. Inside the house, there was a young girl with brown hair and she was tossing and turning in her bed. She was groaning as she was panting in her sleep. Inside her dream, she was flying around the world. She was giggling at first as she was having a good time. Until suddenly she started falling out of the sky as she wakes up terrified... in her basement. She was hyperventilating as she was looking around the basement while bringing her legs together. Both her parents came down stairs to see their daughter was sitting there still hyperventilating.

"What happened? Were you sleepwalking?"

The poor girl just continued to hyperventilate.

"No, I fell! I just-I fell through the ceiling."

She cried hysterically while her mother was holding and trying to comfort her.

Cerebro

The super computer started beeping as Charles was looking at the screen as the image of the girl appeared on the screen.

"Discovered: Mutant signature. The second detection in this vicinity. Extrapolation: complete. Identity: confirmed. Name: Kitty Pryde. Residence: Northbrook. Age: fifteen.

Northbrook

Kitty was still crying in her mother's arms as she held her tight. She looked at her.

"Now, dear. I'm sure you were just having a nightmare."

Kitty's father was looking up at the ceiling where Kitty's pillow and blanket are half-phased through.

"I don't think so."

"What am I? What's happening to me?" Kitty asked.

Back at the Institute

Charles was looking at the image of Kitty Pryde. He was stroking his chin as he leaned forward to press a button.

"Prep the Blackbird." Charles said.

Next Morning

Carrie was running to school with a mouth full of food. She had developed a new craving for American fast food breakfasts. She heard the sound of the school bell ring for the start of the first period.

"Ah! Late again!" Carrie said.

She teleports into the school grounds. She was looking around to see no one was around. She was hoping to get inside before she got caught, but she was dead wrong. She bumped into Principal Darkholme.