Chapter Six

The sounds from the busy streets of Bangkok seemed so faraway from way up here, almost silent. The skyline was magnificent, the urban jungle reflecting off the glare from the evening sun, a perfect picture of juxtaposition, hard and cold dark metal against the brightness of pinks, oranges, blues and yellows.

Porsche was sitting by the lounge chair by the pool in Khun's suite, his fingers dipping into the shallow water by his chair, tracing random shapes onto the surface. He let the gentle breeze wash through him, as he closes his eyes and just bask in the sunlight. The atmosphere was familiar, tugging a sense of longing deep within him. He breathed in, but his side protested and he winced, his hand flying to press onto the throbbing ache.

"Porsche!"

Instantly, Kinn was by his side, crouched beside him, eyes pulled taught with worry. His hand around Porsche's shoulder squeezed lightly.

Porsche placed his hand on top of Kinn's, squeezing lightly back as they waited for the pain to abate. "I'm okay," he whispered, and finally opened his eyes to look into Kinn's, and he smiled a little just to reassure the man. He patted Kinn's hand and gently tugged at it, while he nodded to the chair behind Kinn. Kinn hesitantly got up and pulled the chair closer, putting it right by Porsche's own chair, before sitting down and shifting to make himself more comfortable. He slowly took Porsche's hand into his, before pulling the man slowly to rest against his side. Porsche looked at Kinn apprehensively, eyes fixed on to the bandage on Kinn's left shoulder.

"Don't worry, Porsche." Kinn assured him. "I just- I just need you close."

It took Porsche another second before he gingerly tucked himself directly under Kinn's chin. Porsche lets out a contended sound, as he feels Kinn's lips press a gentle kiss on his crown. Kinn wraps his arm against Porsche and snuggles closer, breathing and taking in all of Porsche.

They sat quietly for a while, just watching the sun set into the horizon. Eventually Kinn broke the silence.

"Did you regret it?" he asks, his crack in his voice betrays his emotions.

"Regret what?" Porsche asks.

"Coming back, here, to me." Kinn replies.

"No" was the simple answer. "I will always come back to you, no matter what."

"No matter how much I've hurt you?"

Porsche let out a deep sigh. "Yes." he eventually answers.

"I never meant to hurt you, Porsche. But my father..." Kinn pulls Porsche tighter in his hold. "My father thinks that you're a liability to me. By having you close to me, it would make me weak. He had me punish you to prove to him that I am not weak, that I am still the heir that he had moulded me into. But it was not an excuse to what I did to you. I shouldn't have had Big and Ken dole out the punishment. That was wrong of me."

"No shit, asshole." Porsche grumbled. "You could've asked Pete or Pol or Arm to supervise the punishment instead of those two."

"I'm sorry."

"I know you are."

"You said you forgive me right?"

"Now that I think of it, I think I should revoke it and make you grovel a bit more. Would do wonders for your over inflated ego."

They lapsed into silence again, both deep in thought.

"You know I pushed you away just to protect you." Kinn says seriously. "I wanted to give you the freedom, to live your dreams and have the happiness that you deserve. Even if it meant leaving me."

"You know, I almost did leave you." Porsche confesses hesitantly. "I did initially walk away from you. And also when you said, I died."

He could feel Kinn tense beneath him, but he pressed on. "I was at the beach, with Mae, Por and Chay. We had a great day, as a family. And I guess, I missed them so much that I never wanted it to end. I wanted to be with them, to stay, as a family, in a place where there was no hurt, no pain, no expectations. Just us, being a family." Porsche then looked up to Kinn, his eyes swirling with emotions. "But then Mae had me choose, to stay, or to come back here to you."

"You have to decide, Luuk. To stay here with us, or go back to him."

He looks to their joined hands, and back to her face. His Por had joined him by her side now, and he took one of Porsche's hands into his.

"Whatever you choose Luuk, Por and Mae will always be with you." His Por said. "We are always in your heart."

And Porsche knew who he had to choose. Looking back to Porschay who was now walking towards him, and looking at the red string on his wrist, he knew what he had to do.

"I promise not to die till Porschay is out of college." he says.

"Promise us that you be happy, Luuk. That's all we want for you." his Mae pulls him down to her and she plants a kiss to his forehead.

His Por then pulled him into a hug, before they both let him go. He made his way slowly into the sea, stopping one last time to look back at the three figures standing there by the waters edge, waving at him before he submerges himself and lets himself be swept away by the currents. His last thoughts were of his family he left behind, and the family waiting for him on the other side.

"Rise from the ashes, my little phoenix. Por and Mae will always look after you."

"Before this, Chay only has me as his family and I only have Chay. But now, we have Khun, Kim, Pete, Arm and Pol surrounding us." Porsche takes Kinn's left hand into his, and slotted his fingers into Kinn's. There were scars left behind by the cuff on both their wrists, reminding them of what they had gone through. Porsche smiled as the memory of the red thread visualised in his head.

"The fates brought us together for a reason Kinn. We've hurt each other, bled, and sacrificed our lives for one another. But we've cared, apologised, see each other for who we are too. So no matter how much you try to push me away, I will always come back to you."

Kinn's eyes brimmed with tears at Porsche's words. "I don't deserve you, Porsche." he whispers.

"Then make it up to me. Prove to me that you deserve to have me by your side"

They pulled each other into a kiss, lips slotting each other in perfect harmony. Unlike the last kiss they had in the woods, where it was full of desperation, sorrow and regret, this kiss was filled with longing, hope and promises.

"I love you, Porsche. I'll do anything, absolutely anything. Just please, promise you will always come back to me."

"I love you too, Kinn. And I promise, in all of my lives, I'll always come back to you."

_______________________________________________________________________

notes: this is officially the end of the fic. I will post an epilogue as the closing end to this story. 

Thank you so much for reading this and for all the votes and comments. I am truly thankful and I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it. 

stay tuned for the epilogue and I hope to see you guys again in my next work. 

Take care and stay safe everyone!