[ᴛᴡᴏ] ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜʀꜱᴇ.

I made my way through the bustling corridors of the school towards the restroom. The floor was alive with the sound of squeaking shoes, open lockers clicking shut, slamming doors, teachers preparing for classes, and students hurrying to their classrooms or rummaging through their backpacks. I could detect the odor of cigarette smoke on some people's clothing, while others had fresh minty breath.

As I proceeded down the hallway, the number of people decreased. Upon reaching the bathroom, I leaned against the sink and examined my reflection in the mirror. I was planning to take a pill, likely for the headaches I had been experiencing recently, when I suddenly felt a burning sensation in my nose.

"I muttered in disbelief as I wiped the blood from my nose. Exiting the bathroom, I was startled by an unfamiliar sound. Slowly turning around, I noticed a grandfather clock embedded in the wall. The chimes were eerie and unexpected, and the clock suddenly broke, unleashing a swarm of spiders.

Once again, a strange voice called out to me, causing me to break out in a cold sweat that dampened my hair. Fear rippled through my body, making it difficult to breathe. I stumbled backwards and collided with someone. Startled, I screamed and quickly spun around, only to find a bewildered Eddie Munson staring at me. Overwhelmed, I felt tears forming in my eyes, and I wiped them away hastily with my hand.

"Whoa, hey. I'm sorry," he said, and I met his concerned gaze with fear and tears welling up in my eyes. He searched my face before asking, "Are you alright? Is everything okay?"

I turned away from him and stared at the wall, feeling frightened. Despite my fear, I assured him that everything was fine. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as my breathing returned to normal. After a quick glance at him, I headed towards my classroom.

ɴx ᴅᴀʏ

As the bright light shone on me, I winced and closed my eyes, trying to shield myself from its intensity. I had a restless night, tossing and turning, my mind racing with thoughts that refused to let me rest. I knew that if I fell asleep, I would wake up drenched in sweat, my clothes clinging to my skin uncomfortably.

Suddenly, there was a gentle knock on my door, interrupting my thoughts.

"Come in," I said, hoping that the visitor wouldn't be too intrusive.

The door slowly opened, and my mom entered my room, whispering quietly so as not to disturb me too much.

"Good morning, sweetie," she said, her voice filled with concern. "Someone is waiting for you downstairs."

I watched as she walked away, feeling slightly confused about who could be waiting for me so early in the morning. Frowning, I got up and changed my clothes before making my way downstairs.

Max and Dustin were in the kitchen waiting with an anxious look on their faces. They glanced around, bit their nails, and tapped their feet impatiently on the ground. When I asked what was happening, they both sat up. Dustin went upstairs while Max grabbed my hand and led me to my room. Once there, they each took a seat, with Dustin on my desk chair and Max on my bed. I quickly closed the door and asked, "So, what's the matter?"

Dustin spoke first, "The police found a dead body in Eddie's house this morning. They think he's the one who did it."

I was surprised, "A dead body? Who?"