six.

————————————
I will probably rewrite this chapter.
————————————

Billy's words echoed in my head and I woke with a sudden gasp. As my eyes adjusted to the light, I realised I had been dreaming. Cold sweat poured off me. My heart frantically beating against it's cage of ribs as I vividly remembered his words.

You can't even keep a promise. You are just as useless as that friend of yours.

The sun shined bright through the window of my room. The house was silent, except from my alarm clock ticking and my mother cooking breakfast. I wanted to stay under the covers and try to sleep but I had a nagging sensation in the back of my mind which stopped me from drifting off. I pulled the covers up, causing a gust of air to make it feel like I just sat in a bathtub full of ice. I rubbed my head and my eyes and tried to fully awake. I stumbled into the bathroom, stripped off my pajamas and stepped into the shower. I turned the water to lukewarm and leaned my head against the wall as water splashed down my body.

Once I was out of the shower and ready I walked downstairs, passed the kitchen and went straight to the basement.

The three boys, Robin and Max slept in the basement, as far as I know. As for Nancy she slept in her room. When I walked downstairs I could hear voices coming from Dustin's radio.

"Dustin, wake up." I shook him.

"Five more minutes mum." He said as he leaned towards Steve.

I took a deep breath before I went to the table and picked up the radio. "It's Ev here."

"Evy, hey." It was Eddie. "Um, I'm gonna need a food delivery like, really soon, unless you want me going out into the world."

"Stay where you are, and we'll be there as soon as we can."

"Listen, um...can you pick me up a six-pack?" He hesitated. I took a deep breath and was about to say something but he spoke first. "I know that you think it's stupid as shit, drinking right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves."

"I'll see what I can do."

"Um Evelyn...you know you can always come by and have some if you want. I could really use some company." A small but visible smile formed on my lips.

I glanced around the room noticing the empty couch where Max was supposed to be asleep. "Um Eddie, I'm gonna have to call you back." I said.

"Wait, Evelyn-" Was all I heard him say before I hung up.

"Henderson!" I shook the boy awake. "Wake up!"

"What is it?" He mumbled.

"Where is Max?" I panicked.

"She's right there-" He stopped talking when he noticed the empty couch. "A second ago. I swear. I just dozed off for..." He looked at his watch. "an hour."

"Shit, shit shit!" Dustin mumbled. I got up and ran upstairs with Dustin right behind me. A breath I didn't know I was holding escaped my lips as soon as I saw Max sitting on the kitchen table with Holly.

"Morning, guys." My mom greeted us. "Everything okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine." I nodded.