[ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ] ᴘᴀʀᴀɴᴏɪᴀ.

The room was bleak, cold and completely dark. The pitch black atmosphere was impenetrable, and I was rooted to the spot, unable to breathe as if the world had run out of air. It was quiet and somber in there and i felt a chill as the darkness engulfed me. I felt the need to scream but yet I was unable to do so. I could hear a voice calling from behind me and when I turned there was nothing but darkness.

I took off running through the pitch black room when a hand grabbed my shoulder and pulled me down; when I glanced up, I was back in the forest a couple miles away the lake cabin. "Max!" I screamed. Adrenaline coursed through my veins. A thin layer of sweat covered the nape of my neck. Cold air bit into my lungs. Keeping my breathing steady, I pushed harder and went faster. My calves burned, my breath forming clouds in the air.

"Guys!" I shouted once more, slowing my stride and turning towards the cabin. Max emerged, sprinting towards me as tears streamed down my cheeks. I dropped to my knees and embraced her tightly, seeking comfort from her warmth. She squeezed me tightly and reassured me that everything would be alright. Suddenly, the sky grew dim as the arms around me tightened their grip. "Max, let go," I pleaded, but as I looked into her eyes, I saw the terrifying truth - I was staring into the eyes of a monster.

"Your time is almost up," the creature snarled, his repugnant hands brushing against my cheek. "You belong to me." When I finally broke free from his grasp, I gasped and fell out of my trance. My legs gave way, and I would have fallen to the ground if not for the strong hands that caught me. Terror consumed me, leaving me gasping for air and my heart pounding in my ears, drowning out all other sounds. As I looked around, tears continued to stream down my face, but a comforting voice whispered in my ear, "It's okay, we're here." With my eyes closed, I felt the cool breeze brushing against my skin, and my fingers twitched as I let out a long, deep sigh.

Steve showed genuine concern for me, as if I was his own sibling, as he knelt down and inquired, "How long has this been happening? Why didn't you tell us?" I glanced at Max, who nodded in acknowledgement, indicating that they were already informed. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath and mustered the courage to explain, "It all began two days ago, after my first unsettling experience at school. I thought it was the pills, causing me to feel paranoid and hallucinate. Only Max knew about it, but I didn't have a chance to tell you before we arrived here."

Max interjected, reminding everyone, "But she's still here, and that's what matters now." She joined Steve on the ground, extending a cup of water towards me. I sipped on the water as Dustin chimed in, "It was like you were in some sort of trance, just like Eddie said happened to Chrissy."

"That's not even the worst part," I spoke up, looking around cautiously before continuing, "I don't have much time left. And Chrissy died less than 24 hours after her first vision, and I just had this trance, so..." My words trailed off, and I handed the cup back to Max.

Before I could say anything else, someone interrupted me from behind, cautioning me against revealing my thoughts. He rose from his seat and walked in front of me, stating, "Let's get you back home."

"I'll drive her. It's getting late, time for bed," Steve added, taking charge of the situation.

»

As soon as I opened the door to my house, the smell of freshly cooked lunch overwhelmed me, making me realize how hungry I was. But despite my hunger, I was too exhausted to eat. As I started heading up to my room, I came to a stop when I heard the sound of our TV turned on. I entered the living room and saw my mom reading a magazine on the couch while my dad was sleeping in his armchair. I walked over and sat down next to my mom, resting my head on her shoulder.

𝗥𝗘𝗪𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧, eddie munsonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें