five.

The moon was soon replaced by the sun when night became dawn and dawn turned into  morning. We were all currently in my basement. Nancy and Robin were upstairs trying to contact Pennhurst Mental Hospital.

"So far, everyone Vecna has cursed has died. Except for this old Victor Creel dude Nancy found. He is the only known survivor. If anyone knows how to beat this curse, it's him." Dustin explained to Steve but I couldn't care less as I was more focused on what Max had been thinking and writing the whole night. In fact I stayed up all night making sure she was okay. I couldn't lose her. Not her. Not after what happened with Billy.

"Any idea what she is writing?" Dustin elbowed me.

"Not even the slightest." I shook my head.

"Did she sleep?" Dustin asked.

"Tried all night to get her to sleep. Can't blame her. When I had my first stance I barely slept. I'm not so sure if I woke up in my bed or a pool." I said.

Nancy and Robin rushed down the stairs to our basement. "Okay so...we have a plan." Nancy announced.

"Thanks to Nancy's minions we are now rock-star psychology students at the University of Notre Dame. Nancy's Ruth and I'm Rose." Robin said.

"So we called Pennhurst Asylum, told them we'd like to speak with Creel for a thesis we're co-writing on a paranoid schizophrenics—to which they said no. But we landed a three o'clock with the director." Nancy explained.

"Now all we have to do is charm him and convince him to let us talk to Victor."

"Then maybe we can rid Max of this curse."

"Yeah about that. We've been doing our Victor Creel homework, and uh...we got some questions." Steve said.

"Lot's of questions."

At this point, I got up and walked over to Max. I sat next to her. She didn't even dare to look up as she continued to write. "How are you feeling?" I asked her but I didn't get an answer. She just continued writing. My eyes wandered over all the papers scattered on the table. They looked like envelopes with our names written on the front.

I sighed as I picked up the envelope with my name on it. My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to open it. "Don't read!" Max took the letter from me. "Not now."

'Tell me it's not what I think it is.' I thought.

"Why are you doing this to yourself? How many times do I have to tell you that nothing, nothing is going to happen to you. As long as I'm here Max no one is going to hurt you neither the Vecna bastard."

"No, Ev don't. Don't. I know really well what is going to happen." Her eyes began filling with tears. "Just because you are here doesn't mean I'm going to be alive tomorrow."

"Look at me. Look at me Max." I said as I gently held her face. "You will be alive tomorrow. You will be here with us okay?" I paused. "I can't lose you too Max. I won't let you die." I whispered.

Tears rolled down Max's cheeks. I wiped them away and hugged the younger girl. She pulled away with a small smile that was clear enough for me to notice. She collected the letters and walked over to the three boys on the couch.